Chapter- 32 Enough of the lies

Start from the beginning

I drank some water and controlled my breathing before taking a tour in his office.

I walked to his chair, the boss chair and it was taller than me. I better not compare my height with chairs and tables here as they are all taller than me.

There was a floor to ceiling window which I read in many books and watched only on dramas. It was the first time I saw this type of window. I walked to the window and stood there looking down. Everything is small from here and the view is beautiful.

I found a bookshelf to the right of the boss chair when I turned around. Without wasting a sec, I ran to the bookshelf. All the books are business related, 'Boring' I mumbled as I put my hand on the shelf and magically it moved.

"I didn't do anything, I didn't do anything", I repeated as I jumped back from the shelf.

The shelf moved, giving access to the other and there are many books there in another shelf.

Top shelf has my books with the love symbol on it and the remaining all are my favorite books. Some books I already read and some books are in my list to read but I couldn't afford them. That's why they are still on my TBR list, not on my shelf.
Everything was in hardcovers. I was about to touch a book when the door of his cabin opened revealing Arnav and Ajay.

He glanced at me and the bookshelf as he walked in. Does he think that I was stealing his books?

"I didn't do anything. I just touched it and it moved magically", I explained in a hurry.

"And I am really not stealing your books. I was just looking, I promise", I remarked as he was not talking anything.

I heard Ajay's laugh before feeling in someone's arms. Arnav hugged me suddenly, taking me off-guard. I wrapped my arms around him in a daze when he hugged me tight and inhaled my fragrance.

"I love you", he mumbled and that's when realization hit me and I pushed him back.

"But I hate you, Mr. Singhania", I roared.

"You still care for me. Accept it", he commented, coming near me.

"No, I don't", I replied, acting confident.

"Are you sure?", he asked and I nodded. "Then why saved me the other day when a motorcycle hit me".

"That was just humanity", I replied.

That was not just humanity, my heart screamed at me but I ignored it.

"Then why did you cry?", he asked and I fell silent.

"No answer ok", he remarked.
"Then why are you running up when all the people are going down to save their lives", he asked and again I didn't give any answer.
"Why would you hug me if you don't care for me?", he yelled not so loudly but still louder than he actually speaks.

"I think that is also humanity", Ajay commented as he sat on the couch. I glared at him before looking back at Arnav.

"Get out, Ajay", Arnav yelped without even sparing a glance at him and Ajay raised his hands in surrender as he walked out closing the door behind him.

"Butterfly, please listen to me", he said as he came near me.

"Don't come near me", I yelled as I took a step back.

"Why do I have to listen to you? Who am I to you? What do you feel about me? Do you think I am stupid so you can lie to me?" I roared.

"Butterfly, I really– " he was about to say something but I cut him off saying "Enough of your lies, Mr. Singhania."

"Don't you dare to follow behind me", I said as I walked out from his office.

...

It's been eight hours since I left his office. He didn't call me even once and he didn't even text me. Does he give up on me?

Why am I sad when this is what I wanted.

Yeah, I have to be happy, right? But why was I upset?

No, I am not upset, I am happy.

Yes, I am happy, I repeated this many times before starting my radio show.

"Hello guys, I am back again. Welcome back to my show 'Words from heart' and this is RJ Naina, on air and you are listening to 95.5 Radio. You can call me and share your feelings and you can give messages to anyone through my show, as you know", I gave the intro like always.

I took only a few calls today and mostly played songs not wanting to talk to anybody.

"Let's take the last call. Hello", I said knowing Arnav would be the last caller.

As expected, it was him but after hearing what he said next, I was shocked and speechless...

Does he really mean it?

***

Hello homies❤

What do you think about the chapter?? Tell me in comments💖

Need double update?? If yes, go on and vote... If I get 50 votes, I will give you another update😇

Come on atleast I deserve your votes for updating daily

Comment more to get early and regular updates🥰

💜💜