open communication

ennari monique graham
16

ennari monique graham16

the fit

126 Pine Street, Tallahassee, FL 3230111:23 PM

11:23 PM

ennari sat on the edge of the couch, her arms crossed tightly against her chest. her eyes were fixed on the television screen, but her mind was consumed by frustration. tyler, her boyfriend, had gone to a party without even bothering to inform her. it may seem like a petty argument to some, but to ennari, it was a matter of respect and consideration.

tyler, oblivious to the storm brewing within ennari, walked into the living room with a nonchalant smile. he plopped down on the couch next to her and reached for the remote.

"whatchu watching?" he asked, his voice filled with casual cheerfulness.

ennari turned her head slightly, her eyes locking with his. "so, you went to a party, huh?" she said, her tone laced with a hint of sarcasm.

tyler glanced at her, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "yeah, it was just a party, nothing crazy. why?"

ennari's frustration boiled over, and she couldn't contain her disappointment any longer. "tyler, it's not about the party itself. it's about the fact that you didn't even think to tell me. i had to find out from one of your friends on instagram."

tyler's face contorted with surprise. "bae, i ain't think it was a big deal. i mean, it's not like i cheated on you or anything. it was just a party."

ennari took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. she looked him in the eyes and spoke with a mixture of hurt and frustration. "remember that time my phone died at a party, and i couldn't respond to your texts? you got so angry when i got home because you thought something was going on. i ain't cheat on you either, but you got suspicious. so, you can understand why i'm upset, right?"

tyler's face softened as he recalled that incident. guilt washed over him as he realized the weight of his actions. he reached out to hold ennari's hand, trying to find the right words to bridge the gap between them.

"bae, i'm sorry. i didn't realize how much it would hurt you. i get that communication is important, especially when go out. i'm sorry for not informing you beforehand."

ennari's gaze softened, her anger subsiding slightly. "it's not just about the party, tyler. it's about the pictures i saw on instagram. those girls around you didn't seem like the type i want around you. i felt uncomfortable seeing you in that environment without even telling me."

tyler tried to defend himself, "those girls are just fans, ennari. they look up to me, and it's important for my career to perform at parties. but i understand how you feel, and i'll do better in the future."

ennari sighed, her shoulders slumping. "tyler, it's not about trust. i trust you. it's about respect and communication. i need to feel valued and included in your life."

tyler realized the gravity of the situation. he knew he had to make amends and prove to ennari that he valued her feelings. as they continued to talk, ennari's frustration grew until she couldn't take it anymore. she abruptly stood up and headed towards their bedroom.

"sleep on the couch tonight," she muttered, her voice filled with irritation.

tyler sat alone in the living room, feeling the weight of his mistakes. he wondered how he could make things right. that's when ennari's mom, tamika, walked into the room. she sensed the tension in the air and decided to intervene.

"tyler, what's going on?" tamika asked, her tone gentle yet concerned.

tyler explained the situation, laying bare his mistakes and his realization of the hurt he had caused ennari. tamika listened attentively and offered him some advice.

"let her cool down, tyler. give her some space tonight. apologize in the morning and show her that you're willing to do better. actions speak louder than words."

the next morning, tyler woke up with a knot in his stomach. he hesitantly walked into the kitchen, where he found ennari standing by the counter, her arms crossed. she appeared standoffish, making tyler nervous to approach her.

but then, she turned around, and in that moment, everything changed. ennari's face softened, and she walked up to him, wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug. tyler embraced her, relieved and grateful for the chance to make things right.

"i'm so sorry, ennari," he whispered, his voice filled with sincerity. "i promise to communicate better and distance myself from those situations. you mean the world to me."

ennari held onto him, her voice muffled against his chest. "i love you, tyler. we can work on this together."

and in that embrace, they found forgiveness and a renewed commitment to their relationship. tyler knew that he had learned an important lesson about the value of communication and respect. from that day forward, he made a conscious effort to prioritize ennari's feelings and ensure that their love would always thrive on open and honest communication.

844 words.