Getting Lost in a Abyss

Ritsuka slowly opened his eyes and looked around a bit. But what he saw momentarily surprised him. Because the area that they materialized in wasn't surrounded by bright lights. Instead, it was only trees that they can see.

"Where did we materialize..?" Ritsuka whispered to himself and thought in his head. 'This isn't Tokyo. Was there an error in Rayshift?'

While he was busy recovering from Rayshift, Sigurd was already scanning nearby areas for any living beings.

'What is this ominous aura I feel?' Sigurd thought.

"Oh right, the device I got from Da Vinci-chan!" Ritsuka takes out the mini tablet-looking device and it automatically started to scan every direction.

"It looks like we're not far from the capital. Sigurd! Protect me while I advance."

Sigurd nods and speaks: "Okay master."

They slowly walked towards the city. Luckily they didn't encounter any dangerous beings yet.

After about 30 minutes of long walking, they finally can see the city.

"Master be careful when we're in the city. We don't know what waits for us." Sigurd spoke out to his master.

Ritsuka nods as they walked toward the seemingly empty city of Tokyo.

They walked and walked but couldn't find anything wrong with the city except there was not even one human in sight.

Ritsuka while walking to the deeper part of Tokyo noticed that the device was acting like crazy.

"Does this imply that this direction is the one we should take?" He said.

As he was talking to himself a humanoid-looking being suddenly came out of a narrow alley.

Sigurd gets in front of his master to protect him if anything happens.

"Hey, you there! Can you hear me?" Ritsuka shouts out to the humanoid.

"Eybssathsh..." Humanoid makes non-recognizable noises.

"Master, I don't think that thing can understand us anymore. Stay back, I'll protect you in any case." Sigurd warned Ritsuka.

"Uhh... You're human right..?" Ritsuka was sure of the answer to his question, but he chose to ask it anyway.

In the blink of an eye, that humanoid thing jumped out to Ritsuka and tried to claw him.

When Sigurd saw its face he immediately understood one thing. This thing was no longer human. It was a ghoul.

He acts quickly and swiftly. Drawing his demonic blade "Gram", he cuts the ghoul in half.

Because of the sudden attack, Ritsuka lost his balance and fell to the ground. "W-Whoa!?!" Before Ritsuka was able to blink, the ghoul was already dead.

"Are you alright master?" Sigurd sheathed his sword and gave his hand to Ritsuka.

"Y-Yeah I'm okay... Thank you for your help." He takes Sigurd's hand and gets back to his feet.

After this whole ordeal, they continued their journey to the depths of Tokyo.

As they continued to explore the city trying to find the source of this ominous aura. They encountered many ghouls. But thanks to Sigurd, they cut down all of them with ease.

'He's not like any other servant that I've summoned. I wonder just how strong he is...' Ritsuka thought to himself meanwhile wondering why he was feeling like he did know this man from somewhere.

"Master I feel like these monsters won't stop coming. And if I understand right they're all moving to the same place. I think we should go there and see for ourselves." Sigurd spoke out.

"But we should investigate the area that the device is showing. We can go there later, don't you think that's better?"

Sigurd shakes his head and turned towards the way the monsters are going.

"I don't think so. Maybe if we go this way we can see why these people ended up this way. And if you don't think I'll be able to protect you there, you can stay here and hide somewhere else. I'll handle the situation myself." Sigurd said seriously.

"Ahhh Okay Okay, I'll come with you. Let's just make this quick." Ritsuka said, accepting his defeat.

Sigurd smiled honestly and they started walking in the direction where the ghouls were going.

After arriving there they quickly hide near a wall. They spotted a group of ghouls advancing slowly to the center of the road.

"Sigurd let's just observe for now."

"Okay, master." They whispered among themselves.

Suddenly an abomination of meat comes out of the narrow alley. Ghouls there all shoved their heads to the meat abomination.

What they saw next shocked both of them. Because all the ghouls were assimilating to the lump of flesh. Its five-head screaming and one arm swinging around was a sight to see.

Just witnessing this alone made Ritsuka nauseous.

"Master this..." While he sound worried for his master, Sigurd didn't show any sign of disgust on his face.

"Sigurd, destroy this abomination of meat. And save them from their suffering." Even as Ritsuka saw many horrible things on his journey to save humanity. He still couldn't stand the sight of something like this.

"Your wish is my command..." He gets out of the hiding spot while not showing any emotions on his face.

He unsheathed his Gram and walked towards the lump of flesh.

The thing notices the man coming and moves fast despite its size and attacks Sigurd with the only arm it has.

He evades the attack and cut off the long arm of the monster. Feeling the pain, the monster's five heads scream simultaneously in agony.

Sigurd jumps on the abomination and quickly separates all the heads from the main body.

Even though the heads were detached from the main body, they continued to scream in anguish. Hearing these voices from afar, Ritsuka prayed that these formerly human beings could find some peace within.

Sigurd jumped down to the ground and moved back to where Ritsuka was hiding. The main body of the abomination was gradually becoming dust and vanishing.

"It's alright now master, you can come out." He said to Ritsuka while sheathing his sword.

"Okay..." Ritsuka said and comes out behind the wall.

"Master, I'm sorry I pulled you into this. And we didn't get any new information except that such a thing exists." Sigurd's tone was indeed one of regret.

"It's all fine, Sigurd. Even if we didn't learn anything new, at least we stopped that abomination from getting stronger and bigger, and you brought peace to those people who were suffering inside." Ritsuka tried to cheer up his servant while not feeling great himself.

Sigurd nods as Ritsuka takes out the scanning device again.

"Now that we have solved this problem, we can go to the location that seems to emit the strongest energy. But I'm still worried that we haven't been able to talk with Da Vinci's side. I don't understand why is that. I wonder if something in this singularity is blocking out communication completely..?"

"We can think about these things later. Our priority is to investigate this location first. Let's get going." After Ritsuka said that, he and Sigurd headed to the area indicated by the device.

Fortunately, they didn't meet any more ghouls on the way.

When they arrived at the site about ten minutes later, they were greeted by a gigantic concert hall.

"What the hell is this?" Ritsuka stared in bewilderment at what he saw...

FATE: A Lost Singularityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें