The Dawn of a New Story

After killing Goetia and saving humanity from its so thought inevitable doom, Fujimaru Ritsuka was finally able to rest after coming back to Chaldea which is now under supervision by Mage Association. It was a peaceful yet nervous morning since today was the day the observers from the Mage Association were to come.

There were about 3 hours left for them to arrive.

Everyone at Chaldea was making preparations for this upcoming event.

Ritsuka was in his room thinking about what'll happen to Chaldea as an outcome of this investigation that the Mage Association performing.

'I wonder how is Mash doing right now..?' Ritsuka thought to himself while still feeling sleepy from waking up. He also couldn't sleep one bit because of how nervous he was about this investigation.

Suddenly his semi-automatic door swung open. The one to open his door was the same girl that he always relied on, Mash Kyrielight. His mood was slightly lifted after seeing her happy smiling face. But under those facades, he could see glimpses of sadness.

"Oh! Senpai you're awake already?" Mash's attitude was completely energetic.

"Yeah... But I'm feeling a bit tired right now. You know, the whole investigation thingy..." Ritsuka said while he shrugs his shoulder.

Mash walked to his side and worriedly asked: "Senpai... Are you sure that you've rested enough..?"

"Don't worry Mash. Thank you for your concern but I'm okay." He said while making a not-so-real smile.

"Senpai..." Mash sits down on Ritsuka's bed gracefully and pats his shoulder.

Ritsuka looks at Mash's face and smiles as Mash pats his shoulder: "As I've said, Mash, I am fine don't worry about it..." He still looks at Mash and then speaks again in a soft tone:

"What about you Mash..?" As Ritsuka asked that question Mash lowers her head a bit and doesn't respond right away and then speaks after a short while as she puts on a fake smile of her own:

"I am fine Senpai..." She stops and looks at Ritsuka's face then speaks again: "Have you eaten something yet Senpai..? You look quite pale..." Mash gets off the bed and speaks at Ritsuka while she is staring down at him:

"I will grab you something from the cafetaria... I will be right back Senpai..." She says and just as she was about to leave Ritsuka's room a loud alarm rings off... Ritsuka's pupils widened and he abruptly jumped out of his bed: "What the-" And then an announcement can be heard through the Speakers, it is Da Vinci's voice: "Master Fujimaru, Mash Kyrielight and all of our staff members please gather around the Command Room ASAP!"

After hearing that, they both rushed to the command room.

Da Vinci greets them with a serious face.

"Good, you're here on time. First of all, I want you two to not panic when I say this but..."

Just as she was about the start explaining, a hand came down on her shoulder. And a not-so-unfamiliar voice spoke up.

"A new Pseudo-Singularity appeared out of nowhere."

When Mash and Ritsuka saw the one talking, they both couldn't help but be shocked. Because the talking person with an alluring voice was none other than Sherlock Holmes.

"Holmes!?! How can you be here? Didn't we send off all the servants we've summoned?" Ristuka's question was both directed at Holmes and Da Vinci.

Da Vinci takes the initiative and answers his question: "You see Fujimaru-kun, Holmes here was an exception. We feared something bad might go off, so we allowed him to stay here in secret in Chaldea.

"That's right. But we don't have enough time for idle chat. As I've just said, a new singularity appeared. If we follow the rules Association put on us after saving humanity. We can't rayshift again or summon any servants. But this is an exception. According to the data we gathered from Chaldeas the threat level is unknown. We can't fully grasp the situation going on there. Something is blocking our detectors. But it seems to be taking place in Tokyo, Japan. The estimated year is possibly around 2010. So after arriving there, you'll be completely on your own."

As Holmes finished his long explanation. Da Vinci steps on to the conversation and said:

"But worry not. My genius here invented a new sensory device that'll help you along your journey." She takes out the device she was talking about and hands it over to Ritsuka. It looks like a small tablet. "Don't forget to praise me!" She bumps out her chest proudly which is very big.

"Thank you as always Da Vinci-chan. You're great help for sure." Ritsuka takes hold of the device.

Ritsuka notices a briefcase in Holmes's hand.

"What is that thing, Holmes?" He asked, wondering what that thing was for.

"Oh, this? This case's name is Saint Grahp. It contains all the spirit origin graphs of all the servants you summoned to this day. Meaning, if the conditions meet you can summon the heroic spirit you want anytime." Holmes explained calmly. And then continuous:

"If this gets into bad hands then it's over for us. We can't summon servants anymore. You understand how important that is right?"

"Yes of course!" Ritsuka replied looking serious

While they were talking among themselves, they were also walking towards the rayshift coffins.

After coming in front of the coffins, Da Vinci turned towards them:

"While it's worrying, we can't send Mash with you because of her current condition."

Mash's face instantly dropped when hearing this but she tries to cover it up with a little effort.

Others take notice of this but didn't comment.

"But we also couldn't send you alone so we have to summon a new servant with this for your new journey." Holmes said and held the briefcase toward the air.

"Pour your magical energy into the case Fujimaru-kun." Said Da Vinci.

Ritsuka nods affirmatively and begins to pour out his magical energy into the case.

Suddenly a bright light envelops the room and a strong presence overwhelms the atmosphere.

"Servant, Saber. My true name is Sigurd. Are you my master? Please give me your orders. I promise you they will be carried out swiftly." A masked masculine figure spoke out to him.

After the new servant makes his appearance to Ritsuka, Da Vinci says:

"Okay guys, we're running short on time. You must rayshift as soon as possible."

And so with that said, Ritsuka enters the coffin and staff begins the rayshift.

"We're counting on you Ritsuka-kun. We'll deal with the Association members so don't worry out there for us."

"Yeah leave the matters here to us and focus on your mission..." While Holmes said that, Ritsuka couldn't hear the last part properly because of the rayshift. And suddenly white light covers Ritsuka's eyesight...