•• Chapter Forty Five ••

Start from the beginning

Damon let out a breath and said, "I don't think he's dead-adjacent, I think he's just dead."
Ric raised a brow at his play-on words.

"What?"

"Murdered. Sheriffs trying to keep a lid on it...because he was staked in the chest like a vampire."

"Well, Meredith didn't say anything about that."

"Talk about red flags." Vivian says

"Who do you think killed him?"

"I don't know. But if I was a cop, your sexy doctor lady friend would definitely be a suspect."

"Definitely. And it's almost always the psycho ex's." Vivian adds.

——

  Vivian was waiting outside the hospital while Damon confronted Altaic's crush. She watched as injured and non injured people walked in and out of the doors, minding their business in their own little worlds. She played with her necklace around her neck as she mindlessly waited. Leaning up against the brick wall of the building, her back suddenly arched up. The hairs on the back of her neck stood with her as she noticed someone familiar standing across the street right in front of her. Clear as day, she could see his face.

Without hesitation, she figured now was the perfect opportunity to approach, however, as soon as she made it half way, he disappeared. With a frustrated groan, she looked around for any sign of him but came up empty handed and extra annoyed and irritated. What the hell was going on with her today? That was the third time she's seen him. What was he doing, haunting her? Stalking her? He was dead.
Or was supposed to be. She shook her head clear.

"Hey." Damon called out, he walked over towards her and she noticed how disoriented he sort of looked.

"What happened?" She asked, looking him over, she didn't notice anything out of sorts.

"The Bitch stabbed me."

"Who? Alaric's hot doctor?"

"Yeah. Pretty sure she took some blood." He said, rubbing his arm. Vivian raised a brow.

"Red flag number three." Vivian says

"No kidding. Let's go."

    Vivian and Damon reached Alaric's place in no time. Entering with ease, the hunter stopped his workout. "What are you guys doing here?" He asked. " Ah just Looking for a bunny." Damon answered, walking around the kitchen, he checked a few shelf's and the empty pot on the stove. "You're good. For now." He says

"Still obsessed with Meredith? Don't you have an Original vampire to worry about?"

"It's called multitasking, Ric. Look it up." Vivian muttered.

"What she said. And little tip, I'd do ten more of those." Damon said, pointing to the weight's he was lifting. "Your gonna wanna bulk up if you start dating this one. Self-defence and all." Damon pours himself a mug of liquor and then pours one for Vivian, which she finishes quickly and pours herself another one.

"What is he going on about?" Alaric asked, towards Vivian.

"Your girlfriend got a hit on him and vervained him." She answers, "then she took his blood."