Tk throws his head back and shakes it up at the sky. "Oh, there is no sparring. Nobody's wearing gloves."

Im looking down at my phone texting Myles about a case today at work when Tk interrupts me.

"But I think it would be better if I had like a sibling— like a twin that could help take some of this pressure off the whole house."

His mouth falls open in fake surprise. "Oh wait, I do. And she just happens to be sitting right here with me." My eye raises to look at him but everyone else's eyes are now on me.

Marjan looks at me in shame. "You haven't been over to see your mom and dad together yet? It's been four months." I set my phone down and look at her and roll my eyes.

"I have been over multiple times."

Tk cuts me off  "three"

"You done? Okay, I have been over there on multiple occasions, and I'm always there when Cap has an appointment."

"But you leave almost immediately after." My brown eyes reach Tk's but are filled with guilt and bitterness. It's silent for a few seconds before Tk speaks out again.

"I just think that maybe one time, you can come over for a long period of time and take some of the tension off Mom and Dad and move it to you and Dad." I look at my brother with my eyes wide and my mouth gaping.

"You wanna use me to ease the tension off of Mom and onto me? Is that what I'm hearing." The whole room is silent except Tk and I but Mateo is quick to ruin it.

"No offense Raya, but you do have some problems to sort out with him. Why not do it when your moms here."

Paul backs up Mateos's statement. "Mateo is right. I haven't heard you call him 'dad' in months. It's always Cap or Captain, or him." I look over to the whole room and look at every one individually.

"Fine, but you're staying the night too." I point to Tk and then stand up to go to the kitchen. Tk exhales a deep breath of stress and relaxes.

"I could use a cheeseball right now," I mutter as I pour a glass of orange juice into a cup.

"Yeah, I heard that," Tk yells out and shakes his head.

"Alright, who's ready for Catan?" Carlos jumps up and everyone cheers.

—————————————————

Tk and I are standing at the door waiting for someone to answer it. My heart is beating at the speed of lightning, and I'm not even sure why. I've seen both of them together before but I never really stay to watch.

I turn to look at Tk "I'm sorry, Teek. You should not be carrying all this weight of the two of them, I should be here more."

Tk is about to talk but the door swings open revealing my mom.

His face brightens as she sees the two of us standing there.

"Awe, my precious twins, oh I missed seeing my babies together. Raya I haven't seen you in so long baby." She opens the door wider and waves us in.

"Mom I was here like 3 weeks ago." She pulls both of us inside up and then pats both of our cheeks in sync.

"3 weeks too long." She scolds me. She walks in between us and makes her way into the kitchen where the computer is set up and my dad is leaning over staring at him.

"Owen, we still have 3 minutes till it starts you're gonna hurt your eyes staring at it that close." My dad rolls his eyes but leans back and stands up straight to look at the two of us. His eyes trace mine and then I look away and walk towards Mom.