"Even though we were enemies, you saved Juvia when we first met. You helped her when you didn't have to and opened her heart. And out of everyone Juvia has ever known, you were the only one to break through Juvia's cold, gloomy rain. You showed her the beauty of a clear sky, and opened her world so something even better." Juvia explained.

Gray was taken aback by her words. Out of all the possibilities he could have imagined, he didn't think it would be this. But he had one final question now.

"I...what made it better?" Gray asked.

"A family. You helped Juvia fine her true family in Fairy Tail." Juvia smiled warmly. "Before that, Juvia was all alone. Cast aside for her rain and the gloom it brought everyone else. Until you changed it that day, and Juiva had loved you ever since."

Gray just stared at her with his mouth hanging open. When she noticed his expression, she got a little embarrassed.

"Sorry, Juiva is rambling. Is there anything else you wish to talk about?" Juvia asked.

Gray blinked as if coming back from zoning out. He cleared his throat and looked away, unable to look her in the eyes right now.

"I...um...no. I...don't think so." Gray stammered out.

"Are you sure?" Juvia asked.

Gray only nodded. Although she didn't quite believe him, she let him be for now.

"Alright....Juvia is going to head back inside." Juvia stated.

Gray watched her go, and stared at the corner long after she had disappeared around it. He half expected her to come back, to say something that would make everything more sensible, but she didn't.

She just left him alone with his thoughts. What was he going to do now?

Over the next few days, Gray was lost in a daze. He couldn't get everything Juvia had said out of his mind. It just kept replaying on loop.

"Hey Gray. Gray? Earthland to Gray!"

"Hu! What?" Gray yelped.

He spun around to find a curious redhead staring at him with an uncomfortable intensity. She leaned forward, studying him. Gray gulped, unsure what to expect from the redhead.

"What's bothering you?" Erza finally asked.

"Nothing." Gray replied.

He looked back at the empty cup in his hand. Anything to avoid those piercing brown eyes of hers. Not that did anything to stop her.

"Gray." Erza warned.

Gray flinched, but still didn't say a word.

"You better tell her if you know what's good for you." Mira chimed in.

Gray jumped, turning to face the cheeky bar maid. Although her smile appeared sweet, he knew better than to trust it. She was a sneaky one.

Now he was stuck between a ship obsessed demon and a knight with a scary temper. If he didn't say something soon, he would be a goner.

Finally, Gray gave up and explained what happened, but left out a few personal details. Who knows what would happen if he let that slip? The two listened silently, which he was thankful for.

Once he finished, Erza and Mira exchanged a knowing look.

"Well?" Gray asked.

The anticipation was starting to bug him, but he didn't feel any better when their eyes landed on him.