Mom?!

"MOM! MOM, DON'T LEAVE ME! I STILL NEED YOU!"

Purple's words came out as nonsense given how hard he was sobbing as his mom was wheeled in the Emergency Room.

"I love you, Purple..."

Those were the last words he'd ever hear her say to him.

Because he never saw his mom alive again.

"MOM!"

Any person's natural instinct when they finally see a parent after years is to run up and hug them and never let go.

But in Purple's case, it wasn't.

Green seemed to be one of the two people(the other being King) who understood Purple's lack of wanting to see his mom again.

"This...this shouldn't be possible. His mom should be dead! Right?!" He looked at Purple, a look of pure unbridled confusion evident on his face. Purple nodded.

"Wait-how do you know this?!" Second asked. "The only one who should know what happened to Purple before us is King!"

"Note Block World, genius. How do you think I got Purple on our side in the first place?" Green said sarcastically.

Purple's mom took another step closer, prompting King to pull Purple closer to him.

"Back away from my kid."

Green stepped forward. "Uhm, King, I don't think protecting Purple is necessary-"

"Dude, don't push it." Red stopped him from getting any closer.

King shot a glance at Green that pretty much said "I'm just protecting him."

"We should keep Purple's mom away from Purple...and the rest of us, until we can figure out what's going on." Chosen suggested.

"But the only thing she'll try and do is get to Purple! I can't protect him from her forever!" King yelled out, pushing Purple farther away from Pink.

Yellow spawned a barrier block cage around the stick figure and ushered King to get Purple back in the folder.

"We can't keep her in there forever!" Blue shouted.

"We won't need to," Second said. "We just need to read her code and figure out what she wants."

"And if she wants Purple?"

"Don't push it that far yet, Green. Let's just read her co-where'd Chosen and Dark go?" Second cut off his sentence.

"Good question."

"You said the precautions and protections would work!" Dark said angrily.

"Dude, they're only for viruses! Besides, we didn't even see it coming!" Chosen fought back.

"She could be detrimental to the desktop! Even if she doesn't look like a virus, she could still have a hidden virus!"

"Dark-"

"Do you know how much danger we just put ourselves in?!"

"Can I speak-"

"You should've gotten more protection on this computer-"

"DARK, FOR THE LOVE OF THE INTERNET, IF YOU WOULD JUST LISTEN TO ME!"

Dark was cut off by Chosen screaming.

"Navy could've equipped her with protection before tossing her onto the desktop. You'd know that and this wouldn't be happening if you would listen to me."

"I AM listening to you, Chosen! I'm just scared that she's gonna go after you! I need you. Why can't you take 2 minutes of your life away and understand that?!" Dark exclaimed before running off the join the others, leaving a shocked, saddened, and very pissed off Chosen behind.

*Oh my god I hate my life* Chosen thought to himself.

Purple and King stayed hidden in the folder while the others presumably kept Pink occupied.

Purple stayed hidden in a corner while King barricaded the door.

"What am I gonna do?" Purple asked quietly.

"I don't know, kid. It depends on what she wants. If she wants you and Navy threatens us-"

"I'll go with her."

"WHAT?! Purple, we've seen what Navy can do! He almost killed you and Red!"

"And he WILL kill you guys! I'll have no choice!" Purple yelled.

"But...you can't just up and turn yourself in! It's too risky, and Navy could 100% kill you! We can't lose you, Purple. I can't lose you..."

"It's the only option. I'll go with Pink. For myself, my friends, and for you. It's the only way I can protect you."

"If that's what she wants."

"Deal."

"We have to figure out what to do next!" Second's voice from the outside broke through the silence.

Second entered the folder, followed by Green and Chosen. All three looked solemn.

"What's her code say?" King asked.

Second took a deep breath and look at Purple. "I hate to say this, but Navy's controlling your mom."

"Figured as such." Purple deadpanned.

"And she also wants to kill us unless you go with her."

Both Purple and King were caught off guard.

"WHAT?! Zero chance!" King snapped.

"Welp, unless you wanna die, it's the only option."

"Sec, maybe there is another wa-"

"We can't just send Purple off willy-nilly! We have to think of a plan!"

"King, there is no plan! Either surrender Purple, or die! Those are your only two options!"

"Uhm, guys...Pink's kinda.....missing." Blue piped up.

The group turned to see Blue, an anxious expression on his face.

Something suddenly crashed through the desktop, causing multiple screams to erupt from the others below.

"Shit-RED!" Second screamed, exiting the folder, followed by everyone else.

By the time they got outside, Red was attacking a familiar red spider with his sword.

The same red spider Navy had used on them many times before.

"ViraBots."