Chapter 64

7/12/302 AC

High Garden

Cassandra's point of view

"Cassandra, come and sit with me. Come..." My queen, Rosa, instructed me as I buried to get the room clean before Lord Jaime would come back. "Don't worry too much my dear friend, why don't you come and sit at my side? There is much I need to discuss with you." She extended her hand to me as she held her Journal that she loved so much. He would read to me during these times. It calmed her at this time. Just talked to me as if I was her sister. I enjoyed every part of it. She had a peaceful aura to her. I didn't know how to explain it but everyone I had talked to seemed to think the same way. She would pull you in and once you became part of her home you loved every part of her.

Mother used to say the same thing. She is a maid to house Targaryen. For many years. No matter how bad the pay was she would stay at the queens side because of that enchantment that bloodline was so known for. Part of it was their beauty and other was the way they would look at you, speak to you as if you were the only one in the world, that you mattered most. Rosa made me feel that way and because of it I was more than glad to do as told. "Yes my queen."

"Rosa

"Rosa... Please we know eachother better than to start with titles. Please sit at my side. Cose to me I don't bite. Pull up a blanket if you must. It is chilly tonight." I came close to her and she wrapped me up in her own golden thread covers that felt soft and smelled like roses, just like her. "I need to speak to you. I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss... I hear what happened to your husband. He fought up north bravely and vigilantly. He will be remembered, the north never forgets."

She knew about things like that. Keep up with me even when I wasn't around. Leo and I had been away from each other for 2 years now, and had not exchanged a letter since last summer. I knew what his faith would be. He was no warrior, just a man trying to fight for what was right, and I had accepted this moment since before he left my side. It pained me dearly, however there is not much to do. Many of my loved ones had died, and all I could do was keep on going. "It is alright Rose. This happens in our lives. He had left me a long time ago and I knew that his faith would be of this one. I am just glad I lost him to such battel. I heard men die by the thousands, yet quick and easy. That is all I could ask for."