Chapter 54

6/28/302 AC

Highgarden

Jaime's point of view

"There it is. The city of fucking roses," Bronn was at my side as we saw in the distance a beautiful structure. Rosa wasn't lying, it was breathtaking, full of flowers all around, and the smell was better than the filth of the ship I was in days ago. As soon as I was convinced this was it I didn't wait another second. I kicked the side of my horse and I started riding as fast as I could. After almost 3 months of not seeing my Rosa I couldn't wait any longer.

I wanted her in my arms. I wanted to kiss her, hold her close, lay with her at my side. I just wanted to be with her. "Let's go boy, faster." I told my horse rushing through the graceful city, so clean and bright it was much different than what I was used to. Indeed it lived up to Rosa's stories as it was a magnificent place to be in. Full of life since their queen was around. People moved aside as they were scared to get run over by me, and I didn't care, all I wanted was to see her.

"Move aside, your king is coming!" Bronn announced and the guards opened the way for me to reach the castle. I didn't know where I was but I didn't care, all I cared about was seeing her once more. My love. My life. My flower. "This way lover boy, keep up. Hahaha," Bronn guided me through the gardens and then we reached the front entrance with me practically jumping out of my horse chair. "Announcement of our arrival."

"Where is my wife, the queen?" I asked the first person I found which was a maid as she just bowed and started gesturing for us to follow

"Where is my wife, the queen?" I asked the first person I found which was a maid as she just bowed and started gesturing for us to follow. I was so excited, smiling uncontrollably as I didn't know what to expect. It had been so long and I was just glad to be this close to her. The maid pointed towards the great hall and towards the fountains as I was still a bit confused by all the plants around. "Through there?" I asked and she seemed to keep on pointing out towards where the bird sounds were coming from. I walked and walked when I heard her voice.