10

venti woke up. it had been three days since he stopped babysitting qiqi. he can't admit, the peace was nice, but the quiet started getting to him. he missed the constant ruckus in the house, he missed staying up to message xiao about 'qiqi.'

venti glanced outside his window, it was dark. the night being still and silent. as expected, venti hated being alone, especially when it was quiet. whenever school finished, the first thing he would do is plan events with friends.

the second it became quiet for too long, it was practically an invitation for venti's thoughts to start spreading everywhere.

venti slipped off his bed, finding his hand travelling immediately to his phone. he went downstairs, wasting time away by messaging all his friends the same thing. 'you up?'

he found himself staring at the contact name 'tofitofu', wondering if he should send the same phrase he had been sending to all his friends. venti's face twisted into a slight frown, letting out an annoyed grunt.

"whatever.." venti mumbled, placing a hand in his hair in frustration.

he clicked send.

venti put his phone away, leaning on the door way. the quiet wasn't so quiet, it was creeping up on him and it was loud as hell. he would have preferred if qiqi's 'klee' friend were to scream in his ear, really.

there was a loud notification sound coming from his phone. normally, he would have jumped, but he was just really relieved that someone was awake.

venti didn't have to even ask, because his phone started to ring almost immediately.

he picked up almost immediately, his eyes brightening. he was met with two yellow eyes, that shared the same brightness.

"how did you know i wanted to call?" venti asked.

"well.." xiao's voice was laced with sarcasm. "maybe, it's because we've kind of been doing this for the past.. i don't know.. three weeks?"

venti playfully rolled his eyes, "well yeah but that was to talk about qiqi, wasn't it?"

"venti, when did we call and actually talk about qiqi?"

"when.." venti's voice trailed off, giving his words thought. "fair enough."

everytime xiao and venti talked about "qiqi" it would always lead into the most random shit ever.

"exactly." xiao crossed his arms, raising his eyebrows. it was clear he won the tiny arguement they were both childishly playing.

venti hummed, tiredly sitting on his kitchen counter. his hair was loose and scrambled, touching the back if his neck gently.

"just because you aren't babysitting qiqi anymore doesn't mean we can't talk anymore." xiao hesitantly reminded venti.

"i had my doubts.." venti uneasily laughed, swallowing shortly after. it was hard to admit but he really did think him and xiao would stop talking.

xiao looked up, a smile on his face, almost like he had an idea."you know what would be really funny?"

"hm?" venti tilted his head, he braided his hair messily.

"if i came to your house." venti glanced at him, giving him a 'are you fucking serious?' type of look, "right here. right now."

"xiao.." venti dumbfoundedly looked at him. "i'm going to need you to think for a little bit right now."

they both looked at eachother. clearly, from the extremely large smile on xiao's face, they were definitely not on the same page.