Chapter 15: Dazzling Haze, A Mysterious Ways About You, Dear.

Start from the beginning

Nan Yue couldn't afford to look bad or someone who want chaos and trouble. So she forced a friendly smile but ignored Jasmine.

She walked over to Qin Zichen-holding a stack of lunch boxes with a thermos.

"~Chen'er!~" Her voice sounded melodiously with a hint of coquettishness.

"Nan Yue, What are you doing here?" Qin Zichen asked, still ignoring her and focusing on his work.

Seeing her boss not trying to make Nan Yue leave, Jasmine reluctantly left the room.

Nan Yue pouted her lips, "Shouldn't you be happy that I came here and cooked all your favorite foods? Why do you look uninterested?" She complained.

He finally looked up and answered, "Well, You have no reason to be here." He sent her the most beautiful and charming smile he could ever muster while saying words that felt like daggers to her heart.

"You don't have to tire yourself from cooking just for me." He added.

Nan Yue feels like she's going to tear up at any moment. She tried to hold back her tears and felt her jaw tense.

"Qin Zichen." She called with a choked voice, "Are you still mad at me for what happened before?" Her eyes are sour and watery

He shook his head and answered calmly, "Nope. I was never mad at you." His smile never disappeared.

"I moved on, and so should you." He sighed and looked at her with a troubled look.

'Wait? Isn't she the boss's ex-girlfriend that Assistant Song was talking about?' Jasmine, whose ear was glued to the office door, narrowed her eyes.

Jasmine couldn't help but snicker, 'This girl dared to act like nothing happened after she left him and for liking another guy! Ugh!'

Jasmine had the urge to throw up.

Nan Yue looked at Qin Zichen's uninterested behavior. She breathed deeply to dust off the heavy feeling brewing inside her heart.

Nan Yue is a person filled with pride and arrogance. She cannot let anyone see her fragility and vulnerability.

She forced another sweet smile and voice, "Alright! I'll leave you be and visit you another day!"

"Bye!" She then threw a flying kiss on him before turning her back on him.

She opened the door and startled the eavesdropping Jasmine.

She glanced at Jasmine's unbothered look even after getting caught. She sent Jasmine a glare before leaving the office-And Jasmine responded to her with a click of a tongue.

Qin Zichen sent Jasmine a helpless look, "You don't have to treat Nan Yue like that. She's not that bad."

Jasmine looked at him with a scrunched face, "After what she did, Sir?"

Qin Zichen sighed, "You've been listening too much to what Assistant Song says. You better stop that and only do things related to your job." He reprimanded softly but in a tone full of authority.

"I'm Sorry, Sir! It won't happen again." Jasmine lowered her head apologetically.

"That's good."

Jasmine then excused herself and took the documents that he signed.

*ring*

Qin Zichen saw his phone lying on his desk lit up. The caller was the male lead, so he immediately picked up.