Chapter 4: Feather-like Kiss

Começar do início

"Why do you like looking at this view the most? The city is filled and riddled with filth, don't be fooled by the surface" Kinn had chided Apo for coming to loiter on the balcony of his suite after the third day since his arrival and indicated status as 'Kinn's boyfriend'.

Apo could only offer a secretive smile in return. How could he tell Kinn that he used to have dreams of living as a bird, free and soaring across the skies and venturing to places freely without the restraint of a world that wanted to mold him to their desire? He conformed as much as he could and even then, it was stifling. The view of the city and being above it was not a superiority complex, it was just the allure of freedom. He shook his head as he recalled pressing a soft, barely there kiss to Kinn's cheek as gratitude for the company and the advice before he padded away to head to his own suite lightly. The longer he stayed, the more time Apo had to observe Kinn's relaxed features, count the moles against the pallid skin that stood out and the silhouette of strength, power, and something else in Kinn he couldn't pinpoint. All in all, an attractive package. That was a dangerous concept to think about as the man would never look at him twice in a way that would be more than a necessity – a tool to be used – and Apo didn't want that either. He lived too much with that to want more of it.

He supposed he should have anticipated how prompt Kinn was to dive into the role with him from how the elder went to catch his hand, lace their fingers together as they strolled to meals together and offer a serene smile that held no malice and Apo could almost believe was sincere. The light press of a palm against his lower back to guide him first into the elevator, Kinn seemed to enjoy crowding behind him and at first, Apo thought it was to use himself as a shield, it was actually to cover the younger's back instead. Did that make sense? Was this man living in constant fear of his life that he was programmed to behave a certain way? He supposed power came with a level of danger that made sense. Apo could see the worry lines that wrinkled an otherwise youthful face, the frown that played at thinner lips more often than not, and the curt, brisk manner that Kinn seemed to address everyone: including his family.

What a lonely lifestyle.

His eyes looked into his reflection with admiration at the look. It was simple black on black chic; the buttons that decorated the blouse were pure gold if the muttering of the tailor tucking it into his high waisted slacks was anything to go by. Then to the boots on his feet that accentuated his height and gave him a leaner look. Gucci branded and he felt like he was walking around with one million worth in baht. Which he probably was. That was a little nerve-wrecking. He never modeled anything of this grandeur either, just basic clothing lines and designs, this was the real deal and being fitted to his body. Instead of getting the normal scoff and gruff from being trim in certain areas and 'gangly' in others, the two men worked diligently to make sure everything fit perfectly.

All Apo had to do was literally stand there and do nothing. Not even lifting a finger.

"Khun Kinn, what do you think?"

Kinn? Apo hadn't even noticed when the other man entered into the room and gave a look over his shoulder to his boyfriend as the assistant to the tailor's hands nestled themselves promptly to his waist. Apo was used to the jerk and push and pull, but he swore he heard a growl escape the elder man's lips and the weight on his waist immediately disappeared.

"Kinn?"

"I came to check on how everything was going. You were taking too long, I thought they had kidnapped your."

"Practically I think," Apo shared a little playful smile as he heard the assistant squeak. It was apparent the other was new and doing his best yet it was different to work in a shop to working for someone like Kinn who controlled every aspect. He softened his expression though and chuckled, "How do I look?"