Chapter 3: Two Worlds

If Apo knew that he was going to be given the role of the century with little to no preparation time beforehand before he had to put on his first performance; he might have had to decline. Even at the risk to his person of being squashed underneath the sole of the Louis Vuitton loafers that were worn by Kinn Theerapanyakun.

The request simple enough: play the billionaire's boyfriend for functions and for familial face value as it were when the eldest of the Theerapanyakun clan held dinners or events at the compound. It wasn't a mansion alone, it was a fortress that was fortified inside out, and that alone had Apo try his best to assuage his response to Kinn. Those cobalt eyes that just dipped into his caramel ones like chocolate to be covered by his, melted, and basically left him no room for arguments or to rebuttal. They were just powerful in their convictions.

That's all the job would be. Nothing more, nothing less. According to Kinn and the contract that was in his hands as he sat at the edge of his now bed.

Apo hesitated as he glanced around. It was a spacious, fully furnished suite, and decorated with casual flowers here and there. A generic guest room and he briefly wondered who would be in their right mind to stay as a guest in the household – voluntarily anyway.

His heart was doing flips in his chest, throbbed painfully a moment, and made him ponder a moment. Rightfully so. He told Kinn that he had other commitments that required his attention equally such as promised sponsors and fan meets, he couldn't disappoint them just because he was supposed to play a role that would pay him substantially more than any other gig or job he had in the past. The man confirmed he could continue to attend them as long as they didn't coincide with an event that Kinn needed him for. Unable to protest, Apo just took it all in. What was worse was that he was now without an agent to represent him since Kinn felt inclined to corner him like a desperate man without options by purchasing the agency right in front of him.

Boom. One phone call, one promised quantity and Kinn's name, it was done before the man hung up and gave Apo a rough jerk of his head as if to say he 'handled the problem'.

What else could Apo do but give in. As much as Apo disliked the ultimatum, a part of him noticed the touch of despair that colored those irises if he refused. Why go through all the hoops of purchasing an insignificant venture like an entertainment agency just to keep Apo at his side and make him relent? There was clearly other avenues if this man's wealth was anything to be appraised by; however, Apo was slightly flattered even if he was speckled with a touch of apprehension of the unknown. It did appear that beneath the cold, rough exterior that belonged to this man, there was more complexity to him, and Apo wouldn't deny he was curious.

His gaze traced the outlines of those ruggedly handsome features, the bushy brows that furrowed as if waiting for his reply but knowing what Apo would say was still in his favor, and then to the shoulders pulled back with tension. The jaw shaded with five o'clock shadow indicated he was in a rush to head to wherever he went prior to coming home to discuss this nuance with Apo. Kinn was by no means a mess, he was just an escalated level of a mess that Apo found attractive in its own way. That coupled with the elevated stance of 'I am in power but...please do as I say,' had Apo pause briefly. It was odd to have captivated the attention of such an individual and he was just intrigued enough to see it through.

Apo nodded and earned himself a crookedly snide expression of smugness from Kinn that didn't bother him too much. Apo supposed working in the industry as long as he had, he was used to giving into the whims of others if only to further succeed himself; it was a shameful side effect that left him reeling afterwards – in the privacy of his apartment. With a small glass of wine, his cat – Sour Cream Lobster nestled into his lap – and a rerun of a funny show to distract himself from the poor life choices he had made for himself.