Jump Back

"Aaaaaah!" Ben and Kaaydin screamed as they crashed to the ground. Kaaydin shot up almost as soon as he hit the ground while Ben laid on the ground coughing slightly.

"Where are we?" Ben asked, standing up.

"Correction. It's 'when are we'." Kaaydin said with a smirk. Ben frowned at him and Kaaydin's smirk disappeared.

"N-Naboo, I think." Kaaydin said, looking around them at the lush grass. An older ship was partially hidden by shrubs several meters away. Taking a closer look Kaaydin realized it was the Ghost, Hera's ship. But it didn't look the way Kaaydin remembered it. Ben noticed it too.

"Is that the Ghost?" He asked his friend. Kaaydin opened his mouth to answer when he caught sight of a familiar orange dome and a female Twi'Lekk. A girl in Mandolorian armor about their age walked over to the Twi'Lekk and the old astromech droid next to her. Recognizing them, Kaaydin walked over to them at a fast clip. Ben, who had been looking the other way, ran to catch up with his friend. The two stopped a couple meters away from the ship and the rebels.

"Hera?" Kaaydin asked, with wide eyes. Hera jerked her head up and stared at the two boys with some alarm. She and Sabine quickly jumped to their feet and took a step back from them.

"Who are you?" Hera asked, her eyes narrowed. Sabine placed her hands on her blasters as she stared at Ben and Kaaydin.

"I, um, uh." Kaaydin stuttered. He realized he's mistake a little too late.

"We went back in time." Ben whispered in Kaaydin's ear.

"You think, firebrand?" Kaaydin whispered back angrily.

"Who are you?" Hera asked again, interrupting them.

"Kal Kont and Sparky Sky." Kaaydin replied. His mouth twitched when he said Ben's so called code name.

"Right." Sabine said, her glare unrelenting. "Why don't you tell us who you really are?"

"You wouldn't believe me anyways, Sabine." Kaaydin said. Sabine glanced at Hera and they un-holstered their blasters, pointing them at the two boys.

"I think you two need to come with us." Hera said. Her tone indicating it wasn't an option to not to.

The wind whipped around Ezra as he tried to keep his feet on the ground. Dark clouds swirled above the glowing pinwheel of chaotic colors. Lightning that seemingly came from nowhere burnt the ground around Ezra's feet and nearly hit him. The wind was so fierce Ezra could barely hear his older self shouting to him.

"I think it's safe to say you broke the time continuum!" Older Ezra yelled over the howling wind. He stumbled over to his younger self.

"I broke it? We're the same person!" Ezra shouted back.

"If we had the time I would argue that, but we don't have time." Older Ezra replied. "You need to jump into the time stream!"

"What?!" Ezra screamed. The pinwheel was fast becoming bigger and brighter. In the five seconds that had past the winds had become stronger and the lightning was more chaotic than previously.

"Think of it as a gate to the past, present and future. If you jump in it you might be able to go back to your time and fix this." Older Ezra shouted.

"Might? And fix what?" Ezra shouted. "I have no idea what's wrong!"

"Your just going to have to figure it out or we're all dead!" Older Ezra shouted. Before Ezra could argue more with his older self, Older Ezra pushed him towards the pinwheel. As if it sensed him the winds switched directions and instead of pushing him away it pulled him towards it. Inch by inch Ezra was pulled closer to the swirling mess of colors.

"AAAAAAH!" Ezra screamed as he was sucked into the blinding light. The light quickly faded to pure darkness until Ezra wasn't for sure if his eyes were opened or not. Still it became darker and the sounds of the roaring wind died.

With a shout of alarm Ezra awoke to find himself on a cold duracrete floor. He wasn't for sure when he had lost conscious or for how long, but at least he was alive. Ezra got to his feet and patted himself to be sure he hadn't mutated into something that resembled Zeb.

"Hands, feet, no fur." Ezra sighed. "That's a relief."

Looking around the corridor he was in Ezra realized with some surprise he was in the Jedi Temple, but it was different in a way. The walls were a different color and it looked newer. It was definitely the Jedi Temple though.

"Can I help you?" A human boy his age with spikey golden brown hair asked in a accented voice. The boy wore white and tan Jedi robes with brown traveling boots.

"I, um, who are y-you?" Ezra stuttered a bit. 

"Obi-Wan Kenobi. And you are?" Obi-Wan said. Ezra looked at the slightly taller boy closely. He did resemble the man from Kanan's holocron. Before all the time traveling stuff Ezra wouldn't have believed it for an instant, but now. . .

"I. . . Have to go." Ezra said slowly. He turned and ran down the corridor, hoping Kenobi wouldn't follow him. 

"Hey, wait!" Kenobi yelled after him. Ezra ran a little faster. Past, present or future it seemed as if there would always be someone chasing him. Perhaps though there was a reason for why he had ended up in the Jedi Temple twice now and it might not be coincident that he had run into Kenobi. Ezra shook his head as he ran. He didn't have time, oddly enough, to think things through right now.

Time.