Prologue

Ezra stared up at the vivid summer blue sky as he laid down in the aromatic smelling grass of Naboo. A contented smile found its way across his mouth as he closed his ultramarine eyes, breathing in the fine air. Despite Naboo currently being occupied by Imperial forces it still maintained its natural and artificial beauty. Though Ezra was curious as to why they were truly there he didn't complain seeing as this was the nicest Imperial planet they had been to.

As sleep began to seep in a metallic ringing jerked him back to the waking world. Sitting up, Ezra looked around the wide open grassy field he was lying in. Several meters away the Ghost was hidden by bright green shrubs they had used to camouflage its gray exterior. The two females of the crew, along with Chopper, were sitting in the soft grass next to the ship, most likely planning their next raid for supplies. Kanan and Zeb had left immediately upon their arrival with no explanation as to where they were going. Ezra knew that aside from himself Sabine didn't know their reason for being there either. However whatever it was they had come to pick up had to eventually come aboard the Ghost, so Ezra bided his time. The misplaced metallic ringing persisted, growing in volume to the point Ezra felt the need to jump to his feet.

"What is that?" Ezra exclaimed, looking around wildly.
A few meters away from him, a glinting object caught his eye as the fortissimo sound continued. Nearly frantic to make the noise stop, Ezra hasten over to the object embedded in the ground. Dropping to his knees, Ezra carefully plucked the polished object out of the dirt, holding it up to his face for inspection. It was a smooth, brown river stone that felt cool even through his gloves. As Ezra ran his thumb along its smooth surface the ringing increased to an ear-piercing decimal. The world wavered all around Ezra as a scintillating illumination swirled in the air about him. He tumbled backwards in the grass, covering his ears, as everything seemingly liquefied before solidifying into a new environment . . .