⁴⁵. 𝐹𝑢𝑔𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑠

Start from the beginning

Bucky then went on to explain how he was forced to retrieve a package than contained super-soldier serum ( he didn't specify from who and he looked pretty shaken up about it ) and how HYDRA used it for its advantage. They created approximately five new super soldiers with that sample, but it didn't work out that well. According to Bucky, they rebelled against the staff and killed them all ruthlessly.

"Who were they?" Steve asked the first question after Bucky had finished talking.

"The most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum."

Sam eyed him. "They all turn out like you?"

"Worse."

"Could the doctor control them if he wanted to?" (Y/N) asked next, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Enough."

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall," Steve recalled what the doctor had told him back then.

"With these guys, he could do it," Bucky began. "They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight. . .infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize. They can take a whole country down in one night, you'd never see them coming."

Sam let out a frustrated sigh before walking closer to Steve and (Y/N) as a way to gather them together. He lowered his volume enough so Bucky couldn't hear them, and the three huddled in a small circle to have a quiet conversation.

"This would have been a lot easier a week ago," Sam crossed his arms and eyed Bucky before removing his eyes from him.

"If we call Tony — " Steve started.

"No, he won't believe us."

"Even if he did — "

"Who knows if the Accords would let him help," (Y/N) muttered with a frustrated tone. She hated the Accords, she hated the doctor who was behind this all mess, and she hated the way the team was beginning to unravel before of this.

Silence followed her words. Sam and Steve both eyed her with caring eyes, watching to see how she was doing. They knew that she was in the middle of the crossfire since she had followed after them and not after Tony.

"We're on our own," Steve sighed defeated.

"Maybe not," Sam told him, a look of pride glimmering behind his eyes. "I know a guy."

The gears on (Y/N)'s head clicked. She instantly thought of two people who still hadn't chosen a side of the Accords or did not want to sign them. She caught Sam's eye and smirked, both already having new recruits in mind.

"I'll call Clint."

And so, after finding a burner phone in a convenience store near the warehouse, (Y/N) dialed Clint to fill him in with the situation. She knew it was bad to ask him to leave retirement and his family because of the fiasco, but he was one of the only people who would understand. What she didn't expect though, was that he easily agreed with no persuasion involved. He had stated that if the situation wasn't that bad, she wouldn't even be calling in the first place. (Y/N) agreed to his words, and so Clint agreed he'd find a way to break Wanda out of the compound and to bring in Sam's new recruit.