⁴⁴. 𝑈𝑛𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

Start from the beginning

"Wow," Tony firstly exhaled once he saw the agent. "You look pale, little guy. Go get some sun — "

"Sir," the agent finally let some words out. "I'm sorry to interrupt. But, it's the compound. There's been a security breach of some kind."

This made Tony's shoulders tense, he immediately forgot he was supposed to join Natasha in another office. "What? Did you check through all the security footage?"

"That's the problem, sir. I — "

"Mr. Stark," a third voice interrupted the conversation. A security guard of the building came running to the office with a sense of panic. His forehead was covered in beads of sweat and it caught the attention of the people walking through the area. It even stopped Natasha, Steve and Sam in their tracks.

Tony didn't comprehend why the security guard was panicking and urged him to speak. "I'm sorry, sir. I couldn't let — "

"Tony!"

The sound of the anger in that tone made him flinch. Even if he tried to look away from her glare of fury, her anger radiated through the entire room. (Y/N) came strutting into the office with a frown on her face, eyes slowly dispersing the glow on them as they scanned the place until she found the object of her anger. It caught Natasha by surprise, since last time she talked to her there was an ocean between the two.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?" Natasha was the one to call on her first since she knew that if Tony did it, smoke might come out of her ears.

This seemed to work. (Y/N)'s glare softened by a the slight move of a muscle. "Had to come here as soon as possible."

"Why? Weren't you in the compound?"

"Yeah," (Y/N) cleared her throat and her eyes flickered to Tony's figure. Her tone turned scarily calm for the anger she expressed just a few seconds ago. "Can we talk? In private, please."

"Sure, honey," Tony nodded hesitantly, fearing what was coming. He took a step closer to her and gestured to follow him. "Come on."

Tony lead the way to one of the many empty offices in the building with (Y/N) following after him with her anger slowly disappearing. There were agents who were still staring with confusion in their eyes, and there were some who tried to calm the security guard down from having a heart attack. Natasha watched them with curiosity from her same spot in the office, her arms crossing on her chest as she joined Sam's side, despite the awkwardness between them.

"Uh-oh. Mom and Dad are fighting," she said in her monotone voice saved for these types of comments, it even brought a smile to Sam's lips.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

Meanwhile, Tony had closed the door to an empty office and allowed (Y/N) to take a seat on one of the chairs. He removed his sunglasses to get a better look at her, since it had been a full day without seeing her face.

"So," he said to break the tense atmosphere. "You want to tell me why you left the compound? You were perfectly fine there."

"Yeah, perfectly fine until I realized it was a prison," (Y/N) crossed her arms defensively.

Tony scoffed incredulously. "Prison? You're exaggerating."

"Oh, am I?"