7. мajor arcana

Clary led her twin back to the living room, "I know where the Cup is,"

"Come again?" Jace asked as the redhead peaked his interest as Magnus closed the book he was reading, sitting up from his spot on the couch.

"The tarot cards. Our mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The card looks exactly like it,"

Magnus and Jace only eyed each other before looking back at the Fray girl.

"Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this? All we have to do is find...Dot,"

"If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time. If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup—"

The warlock held up a finger in front of the blond's face, cutting him off, "We know. If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyonce riding on a dinosaur through Times Square. People would notice,"

"But he can control demons, I've seen it," Clary continued.

"Mmm, paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect,"

"Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card," Jace raised his brows.

"Opening the gates of hell...that's a little more tricky,"

"Valentine doesn't have the cards," Luke stated, joining the four. "I do, they're in my desk back at the precinct. When Clary and Aspen went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out, 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track them,"

"That's great, this should be easy," Aspen smiled.

"Hmm, that's what General Custer said," Magnus said, sitting down in a plushy chair.

"Magnus is right. Valentine has spies everywhere, even in the NYPD, we have to be discreet,"

"Discreet?" Clary raised her brows. "You look like something out of The Mummy movie,"

The smallest of chuckles escaped Magnus' lips from the redhead's joke

"We'll go in the morning," Luke finalized. "Werewolf healing, remember? This is nothing a couple of hours of beauty sleep can't fix,"

As the group started to disperse Aspen's eyes couldn't help but fall on Mason as he rounded the corner into the living room. The Fray girl watched as Jace approached his brother, no doubt updating him on the plan. Mason's face stayed stern as he nodded his head in agreement, Jace giving him a pat on the chest before leaving his side.

Before her brain could comprend what was going on, Aspen's feet lead her over to the Wayland boy. "Hi,"

The blonde met her eyes before unsheathing the blades that were strapped to his body, inspecting them. Their eyes only locked for a singular second before his attention was back onto his weapons. "Hi," He let out stiffly.