3. dead мan'ѕ parтy

"I still don't understand, how can Shadowhunters be better than

"I still don't understand, how can Shadowhunters be better than...than what you people call mundanes?" Clary asked as the group entered the institute. Jace and Mason basically have to pry the twins away from the scene and keeping them from going off and finding their friend.

"Because we protect humans," Isabelle replied.

Aspen scoffed, "You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van, I think you guys might need a new job description," the redhead's emotions were going haywire. If anything had happened to Simon she wouldn't know what to do with herself. Just the thought of it made her queasy.

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense," Alec retorted.

Aspen narrowed her eyes while Clary let out a scoff. Neither of them enjoying Alec's continuous remarks.

Alec, not now," His sister scolded.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon, they just wanted to draw you guys out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it," Jace said.

"But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, our mom lies to us our entire lives except, Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like, the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone," Clary rambled, letting out a sigh. "What are we supposed to do now?"

Alec walked through the group, heading towards the center of the Institute. "We have to report to the Clave, they have to know we've learned about Valentine,"

"What, that he's our father?" Aspen let out. "Great, fine. Tell them, what good does that do Simon?"

"Aspen, it's all connected. The Vamps want the Cup," Mason stated.

"Why? It makes new Shadowhunters, how does that benefit them?"

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself," Alec said.

"Plus, it controls demons," Izzy added.

"They'll propose a trade, Simon for the Cup," Jace said.

"So, vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade our mother for the Cup. Either way, we're losing someone we love," Clary leaned against the wall. "What if we just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves?"

"So this doesn't matter to you?" Alec remarked.

"Yes, of course, it matters!"

"Listen...when you saved our lives...we begrudgingly put our trust in you. Now, we need you to put your trust in us," Aspen met all of their eyes. "We can't turn into what you are overnight,"

The dark haired girl nodded her head in agreement, "It's true. They were raised as mundanes,"

"What are you, their spokesman now?" Alec eyed his sister.