5.1 мoo ѕнoo тo go

The Institute was quiet, besides Aspen's quick footsteps echoing off the hardwood floors

The Institute was quiet, besides Aspen's quick footsteps echoing off the hardwood floors. Once the girl had caught her breath she immediately headed towards Clary's room, but to her dismay she was only met with an empty bed. She let out a huff in frustration as Valentine's words continued to maneuver their way through her brain.

You alone are a part of something so much greater, and you are going to help me achieve that.

What did that even mean?

It seemed even the tiniest bit of progress that they were making wasn't getting them any closer to finding their mother. After going through an internal battle with her decision, the red head made her way to Jace's room, the boy being her only other option in getting some answers. But when she approached his door it was already open, the blonde standing besides Clary as he inspected her necklace.

"What's going on?" She asked, slightly knocking on the door.

Clary approached her sister with a fearful gaze, "I saw him...Valentine. He spoke to me. He said my name. He said, your mother for the Cup," She turned her attention back onto Jace.

Aspen's mind was going in a million different directions. Their father talked to the both of them? She wondered if he had said the same things to Clary as he did her. Though the red head realized if he had then her sister would have said something. Aspen didn't know what her father wanted with her, but she knew she wanted no part of it, and she knew that she couldn't trust anyone with her new found information.

"Who said that?" Alec's voice echoed through the room catching everyone's attention.

"Valentine," The twins said simultaneously.

"He's with my mother," Clary stated.

"And he can speak to you through that necklace? Here in the Institute,"

"It's like when I saw Dot,"

"It's a portal shard," Jace realized. "That's why your mother made sure you guys had them,"

"All I know is what I saw...our mother's alive. She's unconscious, but alive,"

"Where are they?" Alec asked.

"I don't know," Clary stammered.

"But you said you saw them. Were there any identifying characteristics? Equipment, weapons, photographs?"

"I don't remember, it was awful,"

"Alec lighten up," Jace said.

"I'm trying to get something we can use out of this. Clary, what did you see, exactly?"

"Valentine has our mother, that's what I saw," She shot back.

"Emotions are nothing but a distraction. You're ruled by them, we're taught to control them,"