One

You sat in front of your doctor as he said the words, "glioblastoma." You teared up not knowing how to take this. You hadn't been feeling good so you decided to go to the hospital to figure out what was wrong with you. The test results came back quickly and you were diagnosed with glioblastoma.

"It appears to be multicentric. Your symptoms of dizziness and nausea were due to this." Mr. Jung says.

"Is there... Is there a cure?" You ask, nervously.

"You can have surgery done. If you get the surgery you'll have a year but if you don't get it it's about three to four months."

"So, I'll die either way?"

"Yes."

You thank your doctor before getting up from your seat and putting your bag over yourself. You walk out of the office and start walking down the halls of the hospital. You were still in so much shock. As you were walking you weren't paying much attention. You ended up bumping into a man. You turn back to look at him and you immediately notice how handsome he is.

"Be careful." He says before walking off.

You head out of the hospital being careful of where you're walking. You head out to the bus stop that was nearby and sit down on the bench. When a bus pulls up and passengers get off and on the bus you don't get on. The bus eventually drives away and you stay sitting there. You were holding your phone in your hand, waiting for a call from your boyfriend. Suddenly your phone rings and you see him calling you. You take a breath before answering.

"Hey." You say.

"Are you busy? I need to talk to you about something." He says.

"Sure. What's wrong?"

"There's no easy way to say this. I'm breaking up with you."

You feel your whole body freeze. You had been with him for three years almost going into four and now he suddenly wanted to break up with you. You couldn't believe it.

"Why? Did I do something wrong-"

"I love someone else. She's also pregnant with my baby."

"So, you were cheating on me? Thanks for telling me. Have a great life, you bastard."

You angrily hang up. You let out a frustrated groan as you put your phone away. You couldn't believe that jerk. You stand up and start walking off to your workplace

***

"Yah! Do you work for fun? You went out for a meeting and came back this late?! You should've just gone straight home." Your boss yells at you.

"I'm sorry." You mumble but he still heard it.

"That's all you have to say? Why don't you just quit?"

"I wasn't feeling well... so when I was there Mr. Jung suggested I get an MRI while I was there."

"This is why I don't hire women. They claim they're feeling unwell all the time! I'm dying too, okay? God."

"You think I'm a pushover right? Don't worry, I think so too. I'm taking the day off. I know I don't have many days off, but I'll use one today!"

You walk off from your boss's desk and head over to your desk. You grab your bag and then storm out of there. Your coworkers watch as you leave. They were concerned. Your boss yelled after you but your coworkers told him to leave you alone and he did.

You sighed heavily as you started making your way back home. You grabbed your headphones out of your bag and put them on and started listening to music. As you were walking a man suddenly grabbed your bag and took off running.