4

Dress Comfortably. I thought to myself as I admired myself in the bathroom mirror. I decided on a knit, long, brown cardigan with a white shirt underneath and blue jeans. Wear some socks. His voice repeated in my head. I looked down at the knee high boots I threw on this morning. I shrugged my shoulders, content with my outfit. I leaned across the bathroom sink and applied another coat of mascara, making my brown eyes pop. I sighed and turned again in the mirror admiring my reflection. This'll do.

I walked out of the shop and locked the door behind me. The sky was already dark and stars covered the black sheet, making me smile a little inside. I turned to find Ben walking in my direction with his hands in his pockets. I smiled and gave him a small wave.

"You ready for a spectacular night?" He asked as he walked beside me. We started heading down the street.

I laughed and played with my glove covered hands. "You sound so sure of yourself."

He shrugged. "Tonight should be fun."

Along the way of our destination we made small talk. I wasn't entirely sure where he was taking me but I couldn't lie, I was extremely excited on the inside. That is until we approached a building that read: Roller Skating. I stopped dead in my tracks and stared at the building in utter shock. This man is trying to kill me.

"Are you alright." He asked as he blocked my view of the building.

"I...I can't skate." I admitted.

He chuckled and took my hand. "That's perfectly fine. I'll guide you." He gently squeezed my hand as if for reassurance. "Ready to go inside?"

I nodded although I knew that I was going to make a fool out of myself. Oh, well. At least it'd be a night to remember.

We made our way inside, paying our dues at the front entrance. As we stepped through the double doors to lead us into the actual skating rink, I watched as people moved around the wooden floor so gracefully. I could only imagine how I'd look amongst them...it wasn't pretty.

I told Ben my shoe size and waited as he brought over two pairs of roller skates. I noticed the rubber stopper in front of the two columns of wheels. I chuckled. Despite the fact that, that bulky piece was to keep me from falling, I knew that I'd find a way to do it anyway.

"Just take it slow." He whispered to me as we approached the glossy floor.

I carefully put one of my feet onto the floor that welcomed my death and immediately squeezed his arm for support. He snickered and helped me safely join both feet together. I smiled as I gazed at the large area in front of me. I felt accomplished. But next was the terrifying part...moving.

Ben gently pulled me along his side, with me holding onto him securely. I looked down at my feet, making sure not to stumble over them and completely humiliate myself.

"You have to trust your own feet." Ben whispered beside me. I glanced up at him to find a small smirk on his face. He thought this was funny.

"Well I don't." I whispered back.

He laughed and that alone made me smile. His laugh was so contagious, before I knew it I was laughing right along with him. We moved slow, but it was just the right pace for me. People sped past us, almost bumping into me numerous amount of times. I wanted to tell them to watch where they're going but thought better of it.

We stayed at the skating rink for about an hour. I'd like to say that I had eventually got the hang of skating and was able to control my own feet but that'd be a complete lie. Every time Ben tried to let me skate by myself, I'd trip or someone would crash into me. So throughout the remainder of our experience he kept me glued to his side, I didn't have a problem with that at all.

Afterwards we decided to get something to eat. We walked over towards Ben's car and he opened the passenger door for me. When he got into the driver's seat he turned on the car and glanced over at me. "Would it be alright with you if I made you dinner at my apartment?"

"That's fine with me." I smiled.

"Great, cause I make a mean Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo."

Dinner was delicious. His Alfredo was mouth watering and he was definitely telling the truth when he said he could make a mean dish. The creamy Alfredo sauce was to die for and he seasoned the broccoli just right. Part of me wanted him to cook for me all the time but that was just wishful thinking.

"I hope you enjoyed tonight, as much as I did." Ben said as he walked me to my car. We were standing in the back of my shop.

"I did...a lot." We stopped once we made it to the driver's door.

"I'm hoping there will be a next time." He smiled and leaned against my car.

"We'll see." I joked, as I unlocked my door.

Ben pulled me into his arms and hugged me for quite a while. I could feel the strength in his embrace but yet it still felt gentle. "Be safe on the way home. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you." He whispered.

I smiled and looked up at him. His brown eyes reminded me of the way they once looked the first day he sat outside my coffee shop. "Whoever she was, she's such a fool." I whispered back.