02|Twisted Words

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.
-HELEN KELLER

Looking down at the paper in my hand I lift my free hand up

Looking down at the paper in my hand I lift my free hand up. As my hand hits the door the knocking sound makes the wood sound old. My grandpa told me this man lived close. Close as in an hour away and in a really big house. He really doesn't want me there taking care of him.

After the party, he handed me the paper with the job description on it. Although on the paper it says the job was posted a month ago. Hopefully, he still has the job open. I don't feel like job hunting when I just made it back to New York after years. After waiting for a few minutes I look down at the paper again. Do I have the right address? Backing up from the door I look at the numbers next to it. Yes, this is the right address.

The door swings open and my eyes widen as I move back towards it. There standing in the doorway is a shirtless man. Not only is he shirtless, but his body is completely muscular. He has abs on top of abs. If I looked like that I would walk around shirtless too. As my eyes scan up I'm met with his beautiful brown eyes that are glowing from the sunlight. His jaw is in a v shape and really sharp. The dark brown hair on his head is messy as if he just woken up.

Well, I did get here early in the morning. It's only 10:30, but I wanted to make sure I got here before anyone else. My face heats up as I stop myself from gawking at the beautiful man in front of me. "Hello?" He says, but his eyes stay straight as if he can't see me.

"Um, I'm down here." Raising my finger I try to get his attention, but his eyes don't move. He sighs and pulls something out of his pocket. Stepping back a little I watch cautiously. He pulls out a pair of black shades and puts them on his face. Then he looks down at me.

"Yes? What do you want?" His brows furrow behind his glasses, but I can't see his eyes anymore.

"Well, I'm here because it says that you're trying to hire a nanny. My name is Joelle and I just moved here from Paris. I just graduated with a major in childcare and feel like I would be the perfect candidate for this job." Smiling I fix my back straight to give off confidence.

He crosses his arms and chuckles. I scrunch my face up taken aback. Why the hell is he laughing? Is this not a real job or something? The man leans against his doorframe with a smirk on his face. "I posted that a month ago. What makes you think I still need a nanny?" He questions.

"Don't you? I mean I'm hoping that you still do." My face drops as he laughs at me again. Oh, this is so funny to this jerkwad.

" I needed one a month ago. I'll give it some thought though Ms..?" He stops waiting for me to answer.

"Ms. Crawn" I answer as I roll my eyes, but he doesn't seem to notice that I did at all.

"Ms. Crawn I'll let you know if I still need a sitter. Although if you are so keen to do it you must not have read the requirements." He stops.