Part 14: Are You Wearing Seatbelt?

Mulai dari awal

"Wow, Layla! It's perfect for the Haldi Ceremony!" Mom exclaimed, adoring the dress in front of us. Haldi- a pre-wedding event celebrated separately by the families of the Bride and Groom. Everyone wears yellow clothes and puts turmeric paste on the bride and groom.
It's super fun. Haldi is nothing else but turmeric.

We were looking for some wedding wear for Anaya- Rehaan's fiancée. We decided that we could give her Haldi and Reception outfits as a gift. Which is why, we're here, shopping for her.

"Imran, come here. How's this looking?" Mom asked Imran, who analysed the dress and said, "It's good."

"Mom, I was thinking that maybe we should ask Anaya first, whether she likes it or not. After all, it's her wedding," I say and she nods. She did a FaceTime with her and showed her the dress, which Anaya liked a lot.

"Wow, it is so gorgeous! Who chose this?" She asked and Mom gave me the phone. "Hey, it was me," I reply to which she said, "Wow Layla! Your choice is amazing! Thank you so so so much!" I smiled and disconnected the call.

We bought the dress and went to another boutique, as there were no better options for the reception dress. I wanted to thank Imran for coming up with an excuse in front of Mom, but I didn't get any chance to do so.

Imran was on his phone this whole time and coming and giving his opinions when he was asked. By now, we had looked in three different boutiques, but none of them had a dress to our taste.

*45 Minutes Later*

"Are you guys done? We've been here for the past 30 minutes and you haven't chosen a single dress!" Imran exclaimed exhaustingly. "Imran, what we are doing here isn't some small thing. We are selecting a wedding dress for your future sister-in-law," I say and roll my eyes.

"Excuse me, these are some snacks for you all. It's on us, please enjoy." We turned to see a girl bring some snacks and drinks in trays. Last time, I denied taking any snacks, but this time I couldn't. I could literally feel elephants jumping in my stomach.

"Thank you," I say and take a sandwich. Wow, amazing! Mom extended her hand to take a glass of water, but it slipped from her hand, and the water fell on me, soaking my dress.

"Layla I'm so sorry! It just slipped-" "Mom, it's okay, it'll dry in some time," I say, but she didn't agree with me. "Imran, please come here. Can you call someone to bring her a dress?"

Imran came and looked confused, but then he looked at me and understood. "Sure. Layla, come." I went with him to the other side, where there were casual wear outfits.

"I- um, Imran? I actually wanted to, uhm, thank you." He looks at me and asks, "Thank me for what?"  "For-" "Layla, take this and show me how it looks." I was interrupted midway by Mom, who bought a dress for me.

After taking it from her, I nod and go into the changing room to try on the dress. I wore it and honestly... I love it! It was tightly pleated and shaped at the waist and then flared below it. It had slightly puffy sleeves made of net and was pastel yellow in colour.

I opened the door and went out, but no one was there. Where did they disappear? I go and look for them when I bumped into someone, who held me firmly. This time, even without seeing the person, I knew who it was- Imran.

My hands were pressed on his shoulder and abdomen, while his were beneath my waist and neck, supporting me. He looked at me, without blinking, still holding me. My stomach was exploding with fireworks, again.

His ocean-blue eyes looked into my hazel ones. I have never observed his facial features, and now that I did, they made him look no less than a model. His sharp jawline, messy black hair, everything made him look as if he was sculpted from a stone.

Not gonna lie, he's one of the most good-looking guys I've met in my life. All of a sudden, his phone rang and we moved away, no longer in each other's grip.

He cleared his throat before answering the call and said, "Hello? Who is this?" He looked somewhat confused while talking on the phone. "You better not do anything stupid. I'm warning you," he spoke and ended the call right after.

"Wha- who was it?" I ask to which he replied, "Um, Nah, no one important. What were you saying by the way?" Me? Oh yes!
"Thank you, Imran, for everything you did today. First, you saved me from Jordan and his friends and then you came up with an excuse for these wounds. Thank you," I say, and he held my hand and spoke, "I'm glad that I could do that Layla, I'm glad."

"Layla, Imran," we heard Mom calling us and he immediately let go of my hand and ran it through his hair. He mumbled something under his breath, which I guess was 'fuck!"

She came towards us and smiled looking at me, and said, "Oh my God Layla! You're looking so pretty! Mashallah." We then went back to the area where we were choosing dresses.

"Excuse me, add this dress to the bill as well," Imran told the manager. "Imran it's fine, I'll pay for it," I demanded, but he was Imran. "Layla, now what gentleman would I be if I allow a pretty lady to pay for something? You're looking cute in it," he winked at me.

I felt something happening in my stomach again as he said this, and I'm pretty sure I was blushing. "Oh! So I can make you blush now?" He smirked, making me blush again.

I then went to Mom, who was looking at some gowns for Anaya. I suggested to her that we should get her a gown instead of a lehenga. "Layla, I'm confused between these five gowns. Help me?" She said and I smiled as I sat next to her, looking at them.

So here are five gowns. One- a heavily designed wine-coloured gown. It has 3/4th sleeves and a metre-long trail behind it. It is tight at the waist and loose below it. Hmm... And its neck is- uh oh. It has a way too deep neck, which will show too much body. Nah, not this.

I kept that dress aside and looked at the other one.

It was red with small ruby-like stones over it. It had some roses on it and was full-sleeved. Um, I don't think she would be comfortable wearing such a heavy dress with full sleeves. Nope.

The other dress was pastel blue, but the only thing good about it was its colour. It was too plain and simple for a bride. Nah.

Now, there were two more left. Both of them were very beautiful. One of them was a white gown. It had designed full sleeves and a deep V-shaped neck. It was like a ball gown, perfectly shaped and flared.

The other one was a shiny baby pink gown. It didn't have much work on it, but still looked elegant. It had strapped sleeves and flared everywhere.

According to me, the white gown was perfect. But I thought I should ask Anaya, after all, it's her wedding and she has to wear the dress. Phew.

*     *     * *     *

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading! Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Vote if you liked the chapter!<33