AsaNoya 🌧️

---

Nishinoya stared with unseeing eyes at the bottle of pills in his hands. He could feel the weight of it as if it were a living, breathing thing. He could feel the danger emanating from it, the power of the unknown contained within it.

Yuu had always been an adventurous person, but this was an adventure that he was terrified to take. He had thought death would be easier than living with the pain, and yet here he was, on the brink of oblivion.

He had gone so far as to buy a bottle of pills, but he had not yet had the courage to take them. He knew it would be a long and painful road to death, and he couldn't bear the thought of what he would be leaving behind if he did go through with it.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of his best friend, Asahi, knocking on his door. The sound was like a reprieve and, for a moment, he was filled with hope. If only Asahi could understand, Yuu thought, maybe he could help him out of this dark pit.

But that moment was fleeting and Yuu's depression quickly returned. He wasn't sure he wanted anyone to see him like this, not even Asahi. He knew Asahi cared about him deeply, but he also knew that Asahi could never understand the darkness that he had been battling.

Yuu quickly put the bottle of pills away and opened the door. He kept his gaze downwards, avoiding Asahi's eyes.

"Hey," Asahi said, his voice soft and gentle. "Are you okay?"

Yuu shook his head, not trusting himself to speak. He knew if he did, he would break down again.

Asahi stepped forward and gently pulled Yuu into a hug. After a few moments, Yuu finally spoke.

"I could do it," Yuu said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I could take the pills."

"No," Asahi said firmly. "You don't have to do this. I'm here for you, and I'll do whatever I can to help."

Yuu shook his head. "No one can help me with this. I just want it all to end."

"It doesn't have to be this way," Asahi said, his voice full of determination. "We can get through this together, okay? We'll get you the help you need."

Yuu was silent for a few moments, battling an inner turmoil between wanting to believe Asahi and wanting to succumb to the temptation of the pills. In the end, he chose the latter.

"No," Yuu said, his voice thick with emotion. "I can't go on like this. I'm done."

With that, Yuu pulled away from Asahi and grabbed the bottle of pills. He quickly opened it and started to take them.

Asahi was quick to react and tried to grab the bottle, but Yuu was too quick. Before Asahi could do anything, Yuu had already taken most of the pills.

Yuu slowly collapsed to the floor, and Asahi dropped to his knees beside him. He grabbed Yuu's hand and held it tightly, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Please don't do this," Asahi pleaded. "Please don't leave me. I care about you, and I need you."

Yuu's grip on Asahi's hand slowly loosened and he closed his eyes. His breathing became more shallow and Asahi knew that it was too late.

Yuu had died from an overdose, and Asahi was left with a broken heart. He hadn't been able to save Yuu, and he was left feeling helpless and alone.

Asahi had often wished for death to take him away, but this was not the way it was supposed to happen. He had wanted to die with Yuu in his arms, not alone and helpless.

But Asahi would not give up. He would continue to fight for Yuu's memory, and he would never forget the person they had been together.

---

646 Words