1st September 2018

The car was completely silent. Teddy was driving (it was now part of the Auror training to learn how to drive muggle cars) while holding Victoire's hand. Dominique and Louis were both sitting on the back seat with James and Albus. Neither Bill and Fleur nor Harry and Ginny were able to take the morning off to drop the kids off at King's Cross, so Harry, as the Head Auror, gave Teddy (and Tobias - they had been named partners on their Auror Graduation the previous weekend - who was enjoying a bit of time with his girlfriend, Ellie) the day off to do so.

The silence was killing Albus. He was probably the only one inside the car that liked everyone in there. Teddy and Vic were his role models, Dom has always been a friendly shoulder in Ravenclaw, James was his brother and he loved him even so and Louis... Well, he was nice enough. But ever since last year's Gryffindor vs. Ravenclaw game, Victoire and Dom hadn't spoken more than a couple of words to each other. James and Dom stopped their war and simply went separate ways and Dom was more distant from the family as ever. Albus had only seen his cousin on her birthday party and his father's birthday party in July and then the previous night on Nana's farewell dinner they shared every year.

All Albus wished for was to arrive in King's Cross and find Rosie, Evan and the others (Alice was already at Hogwarts because of her parents) and leave the awkward silence behind.

"Do you have to go to Holyhead today?" Teddy quietly asked while bringing Vic's hand to his lips and kissing it lightly. "Dad gave me and Toby the full day off."

"I only have to be there by tonight." Vic answered, with her eyes fully on the road.

"Great." Teddy smiled. Albus could feel Louis rolling his eyes at his sister's relationship, but for the first time, he noticed how indifferent Dom was. She normally would have rolled her eyes too. Instead, James decided to break the ice.

"You two are disgusting." James commented. "You guys are starting to look like Mum and Dad."

"And Tobias and Ellie look like aunt Hermione and uncle Ron." Albus decided to join the mocking. "What's up with that?"

"Not really your business, is it?" Teddy replied with a grin as he parked on a space just beside the train station. "Everyone out or I'll start snogging Victoire." He threatened.

"LEAVING." Louis announced, opening the door and jumping out of the car, making the couple laugh.

They all received a couple of stares from muggles, as they took out four trunks, three brooms and four pet cages out of the back of the car, but they ignored them all and placed it all on a few strollers. Teddy locked the car and, holding Vic's waist, led the kids inside the station and towards the passage to Platform 9 and ¾.

"Albus!" Rosie yelled as soon as she saw one of her best friends approaching the wall and went to hug him.

"Hey, Rosie!" James laughed, receiving too a hug and worriedly looking around to check if anyone had seen his cousin hugging him. "We saw each other last night."

"Alright, idiot."

"Let's go, kids." Ron pledged. "Hey, Teddy, in charge with the kids?" He laughed.

"It seems like it." Teddy answered with a quick hug.

They all went through the passage and soon were standing in front of the Hogwarts Express with hundreds of families hurrying to get their children inside a compartment and saying goodbyes. Albus gave Teddy and Vic a quick hug, before turning to Louis.

"You're welcome to come to our compartment, Lo." He smiled to the blonde boy and then went off with Rose to find Roxie, Scorpius and their other friends.