1st September 2017

The Gryffindor's common room was even louder than it normally is on the first night back to the castle. But the conversation's topics weren't the usual 'what did you do this summer?' for the older kids nor 'so, did you hear the password right?' for the awkward first years, getting to know each other. Everyone was commenting about the eventful Sorting, earlier in the evening.

James Sirius Potter was sitting on the arm of the couch by the fire, with Rosie next to him. They were both looking into the void. Roxanne was sat at the armchair next to her cousins, observing the chitchat going around the room while Freddie was on the floor, playing with his wand, making a feather fly. Finally, there was a very uncomfortable Scorpius Malfoy sitting on the couch, next to Rose. 

Everyone was just thinking to themselves when Victoire Weasley entered through the portrait hole, looking extremely annoyed. She located her friends by some chairs next to the window, but also noticed her little cousins together by the fire. She waved to her friends, but went to sit with her family instead. 

"Who died?" She laughed, sitting on the armchair next to Roxanne's. After a good frown from Rosie, she sat upright and looked at James. "Seriously, guys, is this because of the Sorting?"

"ALBUS IS NOT HERE!" Rosie blurted it out, getting herself more attention than she had intended. She blushed like a true Weasley and then lowered her voice. "Vicky, what are we going to do?"

"Being a Ravenclaw is not the end of the world." Vic only said, trying to believe her own words.

"No offense, Vic, but for as much as Al is annoying, I don't want to end up like you and Dom." James pointed out. 

"None taken, Jimmy." Vic held a few tears before sighing. "What happened between my sister and I was because of her, not because of her sorting." Vic replied with a trustworthy smile. "I know Al. He will be your friend just like before, I assure you, Rosie. And I'm sure he's just as freaked out as you." 

"Yeah," Roxie agreed. "We can still be friends. We just won't share a common room."

"Like I said before," Freddie rolled his eyes. "You lot are making a huge deal out of this. Am I the only one who is relieved Al isn't a Slytherin?"

"I kinda am." James admitted. "And maybe not sharing a common room with my lil' bro isn't such a bad thing after all. He would surely tell everything I do to Mum and Dad."

"See," Vic said with a nice roll of eyes. "Not the end of the world." 

"I guess." Rosie grinned, feeling relieved. She suddenly couldn't wait for the next day so she could talk with Albus.

Vic analyzed James's last words and turned to him with narrowed eyes. "Why so worried about Aunt Ginny and Uncle Harry?"

James exchanged a glance with Freddie before he chuckled. "Not giving away, Vic. You should help us, though, now that you're Head Girl. Like Teddy did."  

"Speaking of Teddy," Rosie started, focusing on Victoire who was already blushing by the mere comment of her secret boyfriend. "Was it true what Jimmy told us? You were snogging Teddy?"

"Merlin!" Roxie gasped. "Is that true?"

"I knew it!" Freddie commemorated.

"You told everyone?" Victoire hissed at James. 

"Yeah, he did." Rose confirmed. "Including his parents and mine. Lily was very happy with it, by the way." Vic hid herself behind her hands. "Vic, I think that's awesome. And uncle Harry didn't look very surprise to say the least."

"For how long, though?" James asked. 

"Two years." Vic admitted, still hidden.

"WHAT?" The other four screamed at the same time. "How did you manage to hide for so long?" Roxie added, while the others kept their mouth open.