1st September 2016

George Weasley was walking through the crowds invading King's Cross that Thursday morning. Freddie was a few steps in front of him, hurrying himself to get to Platform 9 and ¾. Angelina hadn't been able to come with because she had an important meeting, first thing in the morning, at the Ministry. 

After taking Roxanne to school and having a quick word with Percy, concerning a portkey to the United States (George had been in contact with a magical technology scientist overseas and was planning to pay him a visit), he went to the Leaky Caldron to have some proper breakfast with his son, before Fred went off to Hogwarts again. 

George smiled widely as he recognized his best friend on the Platform together with his wife and son, who was going to his first year. Lee and Alicia were wavering over Brian, giving out instructions and telling him how they would miss them. 

"JORDANS!" George greeted and he and Freddie got closer to them. "How are you two doing this lovely morning? And what about my favorite godson?"

"I'll be sure to let Carter know that." Brian laughed, getting a frown from his godfather.

"My baby is going to Hogwarts." Alicia cried with her hands on the air. 

"MUM!" Brian rolled his eyes, clearly embarrassed.

"Don't worry, Brian." Freddie patted him on his shoulder. "At least, she isn't worried about you getting into trouble before even getting there." 

"You did get into trouble in the boats. You can't really blame your mother." George noted, trying not to laugh. Fred and James had 'witnessed' their fellow classmate fall into the lake and didn't say anything to Hagrid in the front boat. The kid was almost eaten by the giant squid. 

Freddie dismissed his father with a wave. "Details. Now, Brian, why don't you join us in the compartment so you don't be alone?"

"Really?" Brian's eyes widened with excitement. "Thanks, Fred."

Fred smiled to the boy before turning to his father and saying his last goodbyes. George helped him to put his stuff inside a compartment while Lee helped his son with his. Brian hugged his parents one last time before wondering off with Fred, probably to find James. 

"Speaking of James," George started. "Where are the Potters?"

"No idea." Lee shrugged. "I only saw Fleur." He turned around and pointed to a blonde woman a few feet from them. 

George noticed Victoire talking to her friend, not far from where her mother was speaking to Dominique. George's goddaughter was the first of the family to not go to Gryffindor and even though they all would have been proud of her either way, Dom had become distant from the whole family and treated most of her cousins like she didn't know them. Bill didn't know what else to do about it while George and Angelina only worried about her. But that morning, it wasn't Dom who got George's eye. It was Vic.

"Well, I'm going to have a word with Fleur, then. I'll see you in the store, Lee?"

"Sure, mate." Lee smiled as he placed an arm around Alicia's waist and they both headed away from all the fuss. 

"Fleur!" George greeted as he got to his sister-in-law's side. 

"George!" She beamed at him, turning her attention from her daughter. Dom was receiving her last minute instructions on how to behave on their visits to Hogsmeade. "So good to see you." 

"You too. Have you seen the Potters? Freddie was looking for James." George asked, while Dom rolled her eyes to her godfather who was trying to hug her. 

"You 'aven't 'eard?" Fleur gasped. George looked at her confused. "Ben and 'Arry left for a mission, last night. Ginny was devastated, as always. She 'ad an early meeting at the Prophet so she left James and the kids with me. Bill is in Spain. I'm going crazy."