~7~Mob

~ Pulled my trigger, now he's dead ~

Kate's POV:

NYC, United States 11/23/2014

Yesterday she had managed to walk around her cell for several minutes. A huge improvement from the days before. Natasha had come to visit at night twice but kept her distance otherwise. The interrogation had been on hold until she was told this morning that she would be questioned this noon. She had been given clothes and now changed into them from her stupid medical gown. Her greasy hair hung into her face as she pulled the black fabric pants up to her belly. She felt tiny in these regular-sized clothes and generally dirty. She would've given her non-existent last penny just for a five-minute shower.

Lunch was brought in and the still-filled breakfast plate was taken. She stared at garlic bread and tomato soup. Sitting down on the side of the bed, she took the spoon. It shook in her hand as she reached for the bowl of warm, creamy soup. She stirred it and pulled the spoon out, smelling the basil, tomatoes, and salt. She put the spoon down next to the bread then lifted the bowl off the tray. She walked over to the sink, checking over her shoulder, and poured the hot red elixir down the sink's drain. With the empty bowl back where it was she laid down in her bed, wanting to stare out the window. That was until she felt three dots of heat coming closer. One was Natasha, the other Mister Rogers. The third she wasn't sure of.

It appeared to be a man, about as tall as she was with brown hair and black clothes. She couldn't find anything special about him. It would be hard to identify him in the future, she thought. The door opened and the three of them stepped inside. Natasha stepped towards her, big chunky cuffs in hand. Wordless she helped her to put the restraints on then they walked out.

Natasha lead them to the elevator, followed by the brunette, while the Captain stayed behind Kathrine. Even the elevator ride was silent. They went several stories down until they reached the third floor or so she guessed. The hallway was windowless, all the doors were massive and metal. They walked to the very end and then opened the door to a very typical interrogation room. One table three chairs, one mirrored window and one glass wall, completely opaque. The lighting was dimmed, the machine on the table familiar. She sat down on the lonely chair on one side of the table and put her restrained forearms on the table. She was breathing heavily, exhausted from a walk this long but she sat up as straight as she could.

The two men sat across from her, Natasha had left. She knew the redhead was watching from the other side of the mirror, but stayed focused on the men around her. One of them began wrapping cables around her chest and fingers. A lie detector should tell if she was lying or not.

"Is your name Kathrine Davis?", Steve began.

"Yes."

"Are you twenty-five years old?"

"Yes."

"Is your hair black?"

"No."

"Did you enlist?"

"Yes.", she answered knowing that from this moment on the questions would get a lot harder.

"Have you worked for Hydra?"

"Yes"

"Have you worked with Hydra while functioning as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent?"

"No."

"Have you been in contact with Hydra before your time at SHIELD?"

"Yes." That didn't look good and she knew it.

"Did they try to hire you?"

"No."

"Did they cause your scars?" She swallowed at the mention of them.