~5~ Undead

~ I hear your voice and I break in two ~

Everything was dark and quiet. Quieter than usual. It wasn't supposed to be this quiet. She opened her eyes and was taken aback when she didn't recognize the red and green lighting. Only now that she had opened her eyes did she hear the constant beeping above her head and though she hadn't turned her head, she knew that someone else was in the room with her. She closed her eyes again, hoping that her movement went unseen. She checked, but the other person had to be asleep. She opened her eyes again and looked around the room as much as she could.

Kate's POV:

NYC, United States 11/17/2014

Her eyes couldn't believe what they saw as they turned away from the room. She took in the city lights and the skyscrapers. She was home. At least closer than she had been for the last. Well, how long had it been? It started to dawn on her. The night the prison guard was killed and everyone else was too. Most of them. The time she spent alone and the decision she made, unsure if it was going to work. Apparently, it did. The tube that went down her nose and throat was uncomfortable, not nearly as annoying as the cuffs around her wrists. Judging by the non-existence of guards around her, she burned through the cuffs, hissing when the metal melted over her wrists. She wiped the coat of liquid metal onto the sheets and tried to sit up. It was hard and sweat ran down her body like there was no tomorrow, but she managed to hold herself up. Another bad idea later, namely, to try and walk around the room, she found herself hitting the tiled floor face first. It rumbled in her ears and her head hurt terribly, but she still looked up at the face of the woman that had gotten out of the chair.

"Kate, what are you doing?", the voice asked, and her eyes grew wide as she heard her name spoken. The woman lifted her up and back into the bed and Kate tried to say something, anything, while tears ran down her face, but only a croak left her throat.

"It's okay Kate. Do you know where you are?", the woman asked, and she nodded. The woman brushed the strains of hair out of her face and Kate grabbed one of them. She expected it thoroughly, and the woman on the other end of the arm let her, clearly confused as to what was going on. Even more confused when she was pulled into a tight hug.

"Ma-", Kate rasped, still not making any real sound. She sighed and pretended to write in the air, which the other woman understood immediately. She gave her pen and paper, and Kate began to write as clearly as she could.

"Maria?", she asked, and she smiled. Maria wasn't sure until now, that she had been recognized, but now she knew.

"Yes, it's me.", she said, clearly touched by the recognition.

"Can't see faces.", Kate wrote down and Maria looked a little confused, so she clarified. "Recognize."

"Oh, I've heard of this. I think. It's like we all look the same to you right?", Maria asked and received a nod. Next, Kate tapped on her wrist. She needed to know what time it was. She could feel the awkwardness that built up and raised an eyebrow, even though her head still hurt like hell.

"Kate, you haven't been awake for a while. We don't know how long exactly, but... today is November 17th, 2014." The hesitance was understandable but annoying to her since her head and eyelids got heavier. The words barely reached her mind before she drifted away.

___________________________________________

Nat's POV:

She hurried down the same corridor as just twenty hours earlier, but this time nothing would hold her back. Not even the fact that she was still wearing the damn unitard. She stopped all movement when the woman behind the glass wall looked right at her. Dr. Cho and Maria stood beside her bed and seemed to discuss something that Kate turned her attention back to. It hurt her how Kate simply looked away from her. She pressed her palm against the scanner and with the opening sound of the door their discussion was brought to a stop. Natasha stepped inside and near the bed, but no one said or did anything. Becoming aware of what the spy might want, Maria spoke up. "Dr. Cho and I will be right back." With a little pat on Kate's shoulder, Maria left, and Dr. Cho followed her lead.
___________________________________________

Dread Your Demons (Natasha Romanoff x OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें