Chapter 1

The genius, billionaire, former playboy and philanthropist was sitting high atop the Avenger's tower working on a prototype for none other than S.H.I.E.L.D. when his UI J.A.R.V.I.S. was calling for his attention.

"Sir, I believe there is something that requires your attention."

The billionaire furrowed his eyebrows at his UI's request but nonetheless it piqued his interest.

"What is it?"

"Our satellites picked up weird vibrations underground happening roughly every hour for a week now."

"Any ideas as to what it is?"

"No sir, however, you should probably investigate it since it is happening under the old house of The Mandarin."

Nothing should be there anymore the billionaire thought to himself.

"Send in a suit, I'll check it remotely."

"Certainly sir."

A newly built suit left out of an exit in the tower flying towards Miami at full speed.

"According to my calculations another vibration should happen about 15 minutes after landing."

"Great, start recording as soon as I get there."

The suit touched down on the ground and looked around at the house surrounded in police tape, it seems to still be an active investigation. Nothing seemed off.

"Anything suspicious?" Tony asked looking at the screen with visual of the suit's surroundings.

"Nothing yet sir."

"Right, go inside and do an IR scan in every room."

The suit walked through the house scanning for anything amiss, until he made it to the room where tony was kept captive. Tony shuddered at the memory of everything that happened in this room.

"Sir, there seems to be an air current going into that wall."

"Can you open it?"

The suit walked towards the wall and punched creating a hole.

"Well, that works too." Tony shrugged mildly impressed at the UI's violent answer.

Walking inside lead to a long stairwell and at the bottom a glass cage, with the inside covered in ash.

"What's that?"

"It seems to be some kind of cage."

"Yes, I see that, what's inside?"

"I don't know sir."

Tony rubbed his beard in thought.

"Look around for a way to get inside and get ready for-"

A loud explosion made the whole room vibrate and the cage shook loudly.

"Right so I think we found the source of the vibration."

"There is a panel most likely used to open the cage behind you." Jarvis said.

"Okay, well, open the hatch, prepare for an attack."

The empty suit walked to the control panel and pressed a button to open the door. The suit raised it's repulsors ready for whatever would come out of the cage. Much to Tony's surprise a brunette, naked man covered in ash walked out the door coughing heavily and slumped to the ground

"Uhh...what?"

Tony stared at his screen in surprise at the man bent down on the ground.

After a few minutes of getting his bearings, the unclothed man finally looked up at the suit.

"Hey." His voice was very raspy "I could use some water...and a nap."

He proceeded to pass out. On closer inspection Tony noticed that the man was smoking.

"Read his body temp."

"It seems to be about 110 degrees Fahrenheit."

"Jesus that's high, wake him up, would you?"

The suit walked towards the man on the ground and started to wake him up.

"Hey there, I'm gonna need you awake so I can get you help quickly. Come on get up." Tony said while the suit started to slowly shake him.

The man started to wake up.

"Hey, come on, get in the suit and you can sleep all you want."

He looked at the suit bewildered.

"Hey, aren't you Iron Man?"

"Yes, now get in the suit."

"Right getting up." He got up from the ground and the suit opened for him to get in.

"Keep your hands and legs inside the ride at all times. J send in another suit in case of anyone else here." Tony instructed. "Also bleach that suit, I'm usually the only one who gets to be naked in it."

"Of course, sir." The UI responded while the suit started to walk out of the makeshift basement.

"How's our passenger."

"Unconscious."

"Sounds right, let me know when you're 5 minutes out."

Tony went to his phone to call for some assistance.

"Hey Banner so I need your help again."

"Tony, I already told you I'm not a ther- "

"No no no, not that, something more science-y."

"What is it?" The doctor asked.

"A man who was in the middle of an explosion but came out unscathed."

"I'll be there in 20."