Episode 12 - Bruised In Love

The steam-filled air envelopes you as you sit in the sauna, the heat seeping into your pores, soothing your weary body

The steam-filled air envelopes you as you sit in the sauna, the heat seeping into your pores, soothing your weary body. Your eyes trace the droplets of sweat that trickle down your bruised arms, a silent reminder of the recent events that have unfolded.

The women around you cast curious glances at your injuries, their gazes filled with concern and intrigue.

In an attempt to distract yourself, you pick up a plate of steaming eggs, but you can't help but notice the lingering stares. Your sister, sitting beside you, nudges you gently and suggests moving to the steam room for some privacy. Nodding in agreement, you leave the prying eyes behind and step into the soothing mist.

As the warm mist wraps around you, Seon-hye breaks the silence, her voice laced with a mix of anger and concern. "How long has this been going on, y/n?" Her eyes search yours, demanding answers.

You take a deep breath, feeling the weight of the truth pressing upon you. "Since we came back to this town. Yoongi... he's been tormenting me," you confess, your voice heavy with the weight of the secrets you've carried.

Seon hye's eyes flicker with a mixture of anger and guilt. "Why didn't you tell me?" she asks, her voice trembling with annoyance and worry

A surge of frustration rises within you, the words tumbling out before you can stop them. "Why should I tell you anything? You never share anything with me either!" you retort, your voice tinged with bitterness.

"I've seen you getting into cars with strange men, and what about Jin? You knew I had feelings for him, yet you got together with him. Do you hate seeing me happy that much?"

Seon-hye's eyes widen, a flicker of guilt crossing her face. For a moment, she remains silent, her gaze averted. And then, in a soft, almost whispered voice, she says words that cut through you like a knife.

"I hate you, y/n. I hate you because if it weren't for you, I could have lived a more comfortable life. Instead, I've had to support you, to survive. I hated seeing you so giddy because of Jin. I wanted you to be as miserable as me."

A surge of hurt courses through you, tears welling in your eyes. But then, amidst the silence, she continues, her voice filled with conflicting emotions.

"But I also care for you because you're my sister. I couldn't abandon you. I've been waiting for you to become independent so that we can part ways.

" I want you to be able to stand on your own. In a week, I'll gather enough money, and then we'll run away again."

Your heart sinks at her words, the heaviness settling within you. Running away seems like the only solution, the only way to escape the nightmare that this town has become.

But as you step into the washroom, gazing at your reflection in the mirror, a single tear rolls down your cheek. The weight of leaving behind everything, including Jeon Jungkook, feels like an unbearable loss.