✯ 𝐬𝐢𝐱 ✯

Começar do início

"You don't know me at all anymore," she countered, trying to disarm him with a feeble expelliarmus. 

"I know you well enough," he snarled. "I know you well enough to know that this innocent facade you put up is fake. That you're hiding the real reason you were put into Slytherin."

There was a loud crashing-wave noise in the blonde's ears that drowned out all other sound as she struggled to calm herself down. She knew that she falling into the rabbit-hole of meanness, taking the bait, which is exactly what the malicious wizard wanted her to do. 

In the distance, she could swear she heard their professor announcing that it was time to stop, that the lesson was close to being over, but she paid no attention. 

She was glaring at the boy across from her, and it was as if the two of them were in a separate world all together, isolated from everyone else. He stared right back at her, transfixed at the churning, swirling anger that filled her gaze, her tensed muscles, her brain fuelled by one thought. 

Make him pay. 

She hadn't felt that familiar feeling of rage in a long time, but not long enough. Memories of Mackenzie overtook her, the quick pain of the scar on her wrist, as Daisy spiralled further and further down into the black sinkhole.

She didn't know what happened, only that something dark exited her body, with only one target in mind: Tom Marvolo Riddle. Her vision went black just as she heard a male yell out in shock, coupled with dozens of gasps and a female scream for help. 

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

A white ceiling slowly came into view, shrouded by thick moist eyelashes trying to bat away the bleariness of passing out. The girl managed to blink away the sleep from her eyes, and looked around to realise she was in the school's hospital wing. 

She looked to the left, where a curtain had been drawn between the beds. She managed to make out a long figure laying on the bed, and her hands urged to pull the curtain away to confirm who she thought it was. 

But before she could do such a thing, one of the nurses came to her bed. 

"You're finally awake my dear, you gave us quite a fright," her kindly voice said, resting a hand on Daisy's forehead. "I didn't know what the cause of your fainting spell was. Do you remember what happened?"

"I..." Daisy trailed off, her mind replaying the situation as she felt a dawning horror. "Oh my god. Did I hurt anybody?"

The woman pursed her lips, unwilling to share any confidential information. The girl had done significant damage, but it seemed as if she did not remember the full extent of it. The nurse didn't want to be responsible for giving these particulars to her, especially when she looked so fragile. 

"Miss Kennedy," an older man walked into the hospital wing, his blue eyes grave and without their usual twinkle. "Let's have a little chat. I will answer any question you have, and maybe you can do the same in return."

She hadn't really spoken to him since he came to the orphanage, which was almost 7 years ago. The mere sound of his voice brought so many older memories back, and she winced. She followed him out, but still didn't understand why it was him that wanted to speak to her. Surely the headmaster would be more concerned in the matter?

"Professor Dumbledore," Daisy said politely. "I don't mean to be rude, but what have I done for you to take an interest in me?"

"I tend to pay close attention to students I have concerns about," he replied vaguely. 

"You have concerns about me?" she asked, shame flooding into her face. 

Professor Dumbledore was a well-respected teacher, and while he wasn't headmaster, there was no doubt that the role would be in his future. 

"Not because you're a bad student. Don't worry. More because you have the potential to be a bad person," he said matter-of-factly, and her jaw dropped. 

"Excuse me?" 

"Now, now dear. All will be explained. Just follow me."

The blonde frowned in hesitation. But she followed him to his office, which was in the Transfiguration department of the school. He sat down behind his desk, and urged her to take a seat in front of him. 

Hands clasped in front of him serenely, he said, "So, when is the first time this happened?" 

"I'm sorry, what do you mean?" Daisy furrowed her brow in confusion. 

"Oh, you know, lashing out, blacking out the situation but ending up hurting another student?" he replied calmly. "Surely this isn't the first time."

"Sir, I don't think I feel comfortable talking about this," Daisy rubbed at her scar nervously, not wanting to meet his gaze.

"I just want to help you Miss Kennedy. I know that you have experienced feelings before, feelings that you cannot explain, but ones you know are not righteous."

"I...don't know where to begin," she admitted, slowly opening up to him. 

Dumbledore smiled at her kindly and invitingly. He then pointed at where she was rubbing her wrist. 

"Let's begin with how you got that scar."

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

A/N: If you're liking this story so far, please leave a vote :))