✯ 𝐬𝐢𝐱 ✯

Start from the beginning

"Okay, well there's the good old stupefy, and then I also like to use petrificus totalus." the blonde started. 

"Yeah, my 2 favourites are tarantallegra, because who doesn't love to see their opponent forced into a spastic frenzy dance. And then protego, because defensive spells are just as important," Gabriela finished, and both of them nodded in affirmation. 

"You should be done discussing now. I'll put you into partners," Merrythought's voice announced. 

She began calling out names, and Daisy prayed to herself that she would be paired up with one of the Ravenclaws because duelling with one of the sadistic Slytherins who had just been given no parameters was a death wish. 

"Daisy Kennedy and Tom Riddle."

"Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me," Daisy blustered to Gabriela, as the Spanish girl sent her a pitying look before going to her own partner.

"Scared, Kennedy?" Tom's snide voice appeared from behind her. "You should be, I'm not in a fine mood after you stood me up last week."

She spun around and looked up at him, wishing that he wasn't so goddamned tall. It wasn't that she was short, being 5'5, but he was well over 6 feet, and it gave him that little edge he needed to intimidate others. 

"Stood you up?" she replied, sneering. "You make it sound like it was a date, and trust me, our sessions are not nearly as enjoyable as that. I managed to pass my last Potions test with flying colours, so actually I don't think I'll be needing your assistance any more."

"Kennedy, Riddle!" Merrythought snapped. "This is supposed to be a duel of wands, not words! Get on with it!"

Both of the rolled their eyes at the same time, but backed up so they were standing at an appropriate length from one another. Then, the pair of them raised their wands at one another as Tom counted down from 3.

"Stupefy!" Daisy yelled at go, but was annoyed when Tom deflected without so much as blinking. 

"Petrificus Totalus!" she bellowed again, trying to catch him off card, but he dodged the spell by spinning to the side gracefully. 

He looked at her mockingly, not raising his wand at all now in a contemptuous attitude. She realised what he was doing. He was showing how he didn't even have to try to win against her. Anger started swelling up in her. 

"Bombarda!" she cried, hoping that the explosive curse would at least startle him into reacting with more fervour, but he merely put up a shield and it bounced harmlessly off. 

"Where were you during our session the other day?" he questioned her as they began circling one another in a predatory manner.

"Stop trying to distract me," she said in a low voice. 

"If simply talking distracts you from the year 1 spells you are attempting to fire, then you really are more pathetic than I thought" he bullied sardonically. "Perhaps I should offer to tutor you in Defense Against the Dark Arts as well."

"Shut up!" 

"If you do not wish to tell me, than you should know that I already am aware of where you were. And let me say, I am disappointed in your choice of friends," he continued, enjoying the contouring annoyance which roiled under her features. 

"What do you care, Riddle," she spat, emphasising his last name. "It's not as if you enjoyed tutoring me. You should be glad I'm calling it off."

"You think that Potter boy actually likes you?" he ignored her last comment, shooting a quick spell her way which she narrowly avoided. "Wait till he discovers the real you."