1 - surprise, surprendre

I woke up to notice Sophie still sleeping, probably because of jet lag and the time difference that she wasn't used to.

I got out of bed and headed straight to taking a shower. After, I decided to straighten my hair and do my makeup.
I wanted to make a good appearance of myself since today I was going to take Sophie to the concert.
I drew on some dark eyeliner, and filled my lashes with mascara, while topping it off with some lip gloss. I also added flashy jewelry to pair with my short skirt and tank top that I had picked out.

Hearing a yawn come from the room beside me, I giggled and walked out to see a still very tired Sophie.

"I have a surprise for you, dress gorgeous." I smiled at her confused face before disappearing off to the living room. I picked out plain black heels and a shoulder purse that matched, and of course added some flashy sunglasses that would rest on the top of my head.

Hearing noises coming from the bathroom, I had assumed that Sophie was about done being ready.

"Sophie? If you don't come out looking hot, you're gonna regret it!" I called out.

Suddenly, she came out in a tight but short navy blue dress, and of course matching heels with it. She had her hair pinned back, leaving a few strands out to create a somewhat messy but good look.

"So where are we going?" She asked as she grabbed her purse, ready to head off.

"I'm going to take you to a fancy restaurant." I nodded as we began to go on our way.

Stopping at a small and classy restaurant not far from where the show was going to be, we got out and headed in to sit at a table.

"Wow, this place is nice, how did you find it?" Sophie asked as we read over the menu together.

"I went out shopping for this trip and found it, it seemed popular so I thought we'd give it a shot." I shrugged.

We finally ordered and got our food, leaving us in peace as we ate.
Suddenly, a poster across the street lit up.
The words "Tokio Hotel" on it stood out brightly. Catching both of our attention, I noticed Sophie's face light up as if it was going to explode.

"No way! I'm so upset we didn't think to get tickets! I should've known!" She complained.

"Well Sophie, you won't be upset for long." I smirked.

"What do you mean? Nothing can make up for missing out on one of my favorite bands concert!"

"Who said we were going to miss out?" I raised my eyebrow as she finally realized what I had meant.

She shot up from the table and ran over, hugging me so tight that she could've killed me in the moment.

"Oh my god, no way! I love you, your the best Lorelai!" I was afraid she was going to start to cry because her voice was so full of shrieks.

"Of course, I really want to make this a good introduction to Paris for you." I got up and put some money down on the table.

"Now let's go before we miss the show." I said as we walked out towards the arena.

"I actually can't believe you did this, you truly are amazing." Sophie followed close behind me, until we met the ticket manager.

I happily handed him the two front-row tickets, and then we were off to go find our seats.