𝟏𝟓| 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:

BETRAYED AND KIDNAPPED

IT HAD GOTTEN much darker outside in Malibu, Tony Stark's presumed death now all over the news after the couple of hours had gone by since the Stark family had been attacked by the Mandarin's own people after Tony had announced his address to the ...

IT HAD GOTTEN much darker outside in Malibu, Tony Stark's presumed death now all over the news after the couple of hours had gone by since the Stark family had been attacked by the Mandarin's own people after Tony had announced his address to the reporters, knowing that everyone would now know where he, his daughter and his girlfriend lived.

The engines of the many vehicles on the highway could be heard as many cars were driving in one direction on the concrete road, many other cars on the other side of the highway driving in the opposite direction as they tried to get to their destination. Inside one of the cars, Pepper held the steering wheel in her hands as Maya could be seen sitting in the passenger's seat.

In the back, Y/n had her seatbelt strapped over her like she always had whenever she was in a car and it was driving, her head resting on the side of the door as she stared out the window while the vehicle continued driving forward as Pepper was pressing her foot on the gas. The cut that had been created during the attack on her forehead was now bandaged up, blood having seeped through the bandage a bit after she had first gotten it patched on her.

"Why were you at the house tonight?" Pepper asks, breaking the silence. "What was so important that you had to speak to Tony?"

Maya gulps, taking in a deep breath. "I think that my boss is working for the Mandarin. So, if you still wanna talk about it, I suggest that we get ourselves someplace safe."

Pepper blinks a few times in shock, shaking her head. "Your boss works for the Mandarin, you think? But Tony says you're a botanist. So--"

"That figures." Maya interrupts. "What I actually am is a biological DNA coder running a team of forty out of a privately funded think tank. But sure, you can call me a botanist."

"This boss of yours, does he have a name?" Pepper questions.

"Yeah, Aldrich Killian." Maya replies.

This had Pepper's eyes widening as she looked at the brunette in shock. She knew that man. That man that she had once worked with while he'd ask her out almost every single day of her life. That same man that she had seen only a couple of days ago in her office.

* * *

The lights on all around the hotel were on, the workers being seen inside as some vehicles could be seen parked in the small parking lot of the fancy hotel. A few more hours had passed for the three females after they had driven away from the wrecked Stark residence, and they had been able to find a hotel to stay in for the night.

The crickets chirping could be heard from outside as the insects hid in the grass, hiding from the many civilians all around the planet, the tall buildings in the city of Malibu being seen from far away. Y/n was leaning back against Pepper's chest, the blonde's arms wrapped around her while they sat on one side of one of the beds in the hotel room they had rented out for the time being while Maya had been leaning against the headboard on the other side.