I watch the ball as Eren tries to jump for it. I smirk when it landed on Armin, who set it toward Mikasa. Mikasa has a good arm and decided to go for Historia. Sasha and Connie got in the way and blocked them and the ball jumped back to their side, where Ymir hit it hard with no direction. It went out of bounds. The first point is on us. Jean cheers.

I jog and grab the ball before getting back in my position to serve again. This time, I'll be more lenient and serve to Eren. So I decided to do an overhand serve. Perfect for the distance between us. I'd like to see what he'd do. Once I serve, Eren keeps his eyes on the ball before quickly attempting to spike. Luckily, Jean was there and the ball bounced off his arms and back to their side. Ymir set to Mikasa, who hit the ball over to our side. Annie hits it and Connie sets it before Sasha jumped up happily and spiked it right by Ymir. Two points. I clapped as Jean gave Sasha a high five.

Jean tosses the ball to me and I catch it, serving underhand, this time, toward Ymir since she was the least interested. Plus, she caused them a point. Ymir hit the ball and Armin set it as Mikasa hit it, passing it to Eren, who swiftly spiked it past Historia. A point for them. Eren and Armin high-fived. Annie tossed the ball to Armin, who was the server.

Armin served overhand. I saw it approach me and I hit it to Jean, who passed it to Sasha. She set and Connie faked a spike as Annie jumped up and spiked towards Ymir. Three points. Easy.

"We're almost to match point Jeager! What do you gotta say about that?" Jean trash talks, confident. Eren scoffs, ignoring him. Ymir passes the ball to Eren, who tossed it to me. I smirk slightly before serving overhand, back over to Armin. Armin set for Ymir, who hit the ball toward Mikasa. Mikasa passes it to Eren. Connie and Sasha run towards his typical spike when Armin hopped up and hit it over the line. Jean quickly hit it and the ball flew off to the side. I watch it as I ran towards it, diving to hit it to the other side of the line. Jean cheered as I stood up and came back to my position. Ymir hit the ball over the line and Historia blocked, giving the ball to Connie, who let Jean hit it over the line instead of Sasha, which caught Mikasa off guard. Jean scores a point. Now we were at match point.

Eren tosses the ball to me again.

"Are you ready?" I tease Eren, whose team was losing. He rolls his eyes, annoyed. I smirk before serving overhand, directly toward Eren. He huffs as he goes for a spike. Jean blocks him and Armin sets it to Mikasa, who hits it over the line to Annie. Annie sets it to me and I jump, hitting it over the line. Eren sets it before handing it over to Ymir, who sets it to Armin. Armin hits it to the other side and before it could get to me, Jean hopped and spiked it past Armin, making our team win.

We cheered and group hugged, all out of breath. Jean gives us high fives. Mikasa runs towards me with a smile.

"Put those old skills to use I see!" She boasts. I chuckle before shaking my head.

"Nah...I'm still rusty," I downplay. She nudges me as we walk back to our designated area.

"You did good, what are you talking about? You've got a good arm," She compliments me. I laugh.

"I could say the same about you. You looked like you were ready to kill," I tease her focused face. She laughs as she pushes me slightly, moving us apart as we walked.

"All that to lose though," She makes fun of her team. We laughed as she goes into the cooler that Annie brought and handed me water. I unscrewed the cap and drank some as Armin approached me. He smiles, out of breath.

"Good game. You're not as rusty as you say you are," He compliments me. I smile at him, shrugging it off sarcastically.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself. Did you play?" I ask him. He nods.