Dabi [Duty or Love? 🥀]

A/N: A longer Dabi x undercover hero male reader. Thank you everyone for the support, we both really appreciate it! I hope you enjoy this fic!
_______________________________________________________________________________
Y/N was assigned to infiltrate the league of villains, Dabi being his main target. He accepted the mission with no hesitations at all, little did he know this assignment would challenge everything he believed in.

When he began his undercover operation, he quickly realised there was more to Dabi than just a cold-hearted villain. Behind the mask of darkness, he witnessed a troubled soul with a traumatic past. Y/N couldn't help but feel a strong connection to him, as if they were 2 sides of the same coin.

Days turned into weeks, Y/N found himself completely captivated by the villain's presence whenever he was near.

Deep down, he knew that he should stay focused on his mission, but his growing feelings for Dabi made it difficult to separate right from wrong.

Y/N found out more about his past when conversing with him. Even finding a secret notebook Dabi had hidden under his bed when he investigated the base when the league all left.

The lines between hero and villains became blurred in Y/N's mind. He questioned whether justice was truly black and white or if there were shades of grey.

Y/N couldn't resist the temptation to engage in a one on one conversation with Dabi.

They found themselves alone in a dimly lit room, the tension heavy as Y/N was propped up against the wall, Dabi on the other side of the room, ready to strike once again,

Bad idea.

A little innocent conversation he had started, didn't look so innocent anymore. The raven haired male looked beyond furious, his blue flames still lit. "You betrayed me?! After everything I told you!" He exclaimed, his eyes wide with hurt. "I trusted you- you have no idea..-" he breathed in, trying to calm himself down.

The one person the villain finally trusted, completely broke his trust. He knew there was something suspicious about Y/N from the beginning.

Y/N's heart sank as he saw the rage in Dabi's eyes, feeling the weight of his actions bearing down on him. He never anticipated the depth of the connection he had formed, nor the consequences of his betrayal.

"Dabi, please listen to me. I didn't mean for things to turn out this way. I never wanted to hurt you." He stated.

Dabi's voice dripped with venomous fury, his control over his quirk wavering with his emotions. "You dare speak of trust, Y/N? How could I have been so stupid to let you in, to believe that there was someone who understood me?"

Y/N felt the weight of guilt crashing down upon him, realising the gravity of pain he had caused. He knew his actions would have consequences, but he never imagined the extent of the damage they would inflict. "I can't change what I've done, but please believe me when I say that my feelings for you were genuine. I never wanted to hurt you, but I had a duty to fulfil."

Dabi's gaze hardened, his voice laced with bitterness and betrayal. "Feelings? Don't you dare speak of your feelings as if they justify your deception. I trusted you, I opened up to you, and you used that against me."

Y/N's heart ached with regret, his own beliefs and loyalty shaken to the core. "I never wanted it to come to this, Dabi. But in this world of shades of grey, I grappled with what it truly meant to do what's right. Maybe our paths were never meant to intersect, but please know that the choices I made were born out of that struggle."

Dabis anger flickered, his features softened slightly as a mixture of hurt and confusion washed over him. "I don't know if I can ever trust again, Y/N. You've shown me that even the ones who claim to fight for justice can be capable of betrayal. Perhaps justice isn't so black and white after all."

Y/N's voice trembled with remorse as he tried to reach out, seeking forgiveness that felt elusive. "I will understand if you never forgive me. But know this, my actions were not a reflection of how I felt about you. There will always be a part of me that struggles with the choices I've made."

As the silence lingered in the dimly lit room, the weight of their shattered connection hung heavy in the air. Y/N realised the cost of his mission, questioning the boundaries of rights and wrongs, love and duty.

- Written by Owner 2