Chapter 3

(The kids are now 8, except Eliza who is 7)

The next time Bonzo saw Bree, they were 8 years old. Bree was prettier than ever and she immediately rushed towards him. The barrier was still in the way but they got as close as they could.
"Bonzo...can I... Tell you something?" She asked him.
"Za? "
"I... I.. I... Have a crush on you!"
Bonzo blushed.
"Ag zu!" Me too!
"Really? I was... Worried you didn't like me anymore... Not since I left town..."
Bonzo smiled and put his arms out for a hug. The barrier was in the way though so they blew a kiss at one another instead. Then they sat down and told each other everything that had happened in the 5 years Bree was away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, Zed and Addison were chatting away. Dale had brought some food for Addison and Zed to share. He was still wary that (even though zombies of Zed's age weren't capable of doing any major damage to humans and had to be provoked or scared into doing any damage) adult zombies could smell their food and try to hurt Addison or steal the food. He also understood there were teenage zombies nearby who could be very aggressive to young humans who went near the barrier. He knew that Zed's father was very protective and could see Addison as a threat to his son. There were lots of factors that dangered Addison but somehow she never got hurt once in her years hanging out with Zed.
For now, she was safe but in a few years Zed would be a teenager - and teenage zombies aren't exactly friendly towards humans...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eliza had a crush of her own. An 8-year-old werewolf pup called Wyatt. He was the son of the alpha and the twin brother of the soon-to-be alpha - Willa.
Eliza would watch him scamper around in the forest - hunting and gathering and doing werewolf stuff. She loved his freedom and how he was always so happy despite having to work for his food. Eliza realised she was lucky since (being in a zombie town where no food was grown) the human Z-patrol would come in and feed the zombies. They would wear special suits that blocked their scent coming through and making the zombies hostile as well as protecting them from being attacked by a zombie. Sometimes the braver members would hand-feed cubs like Eliza and they would give the cubs formula milk in baby bottles. After all zombie cubs were just oversized babies. They needed protection - sometimes from their kind. Even the highly-aggressive teenage cubs needed care and protection from humans.