Chapter 49: Books and Dadfoot

Start from the beginning

Rubina Black was intoxicating, and Fred Weasley was addicted to her.

The two stayed in that same position for the next while as the common room slowly emptied out. Lee and George, along with Hermione and Ginny had spotted the pair on the couch, but decided not to interrupt the two's world. Although, they were going to tease them well afterwards.

The time kept passing by and soon the whole common room was empty apart from Rubi and Fred.

Rubi shut her book, letting out a dreamy sigh, "Aw, that was such a good book! They finally got together! What do you think, Fred?"

Rubi looked down excitedly only to giggle. Fred had fallen asleep, his chest rising and falling steadily. There was the tiniest bit of a smile pressed upon his lips.

Rubi tapped his nose lovingly, "Goodnight, Freddie."

She put the book off to the side and leaned her head back, gently pulling out her pocket watch to check the time, only to realize there was still another half an hour until her dad was supposed to be talking to her and Harry.

With that, she let out a yawn and let her eyes flutter shut, just so she could rest her eyes but soon she slipped into the sleep that was happily inviting her.

Although as soon as Rubi felt like she had fallen asleep she was prodded to wake up.

She waved a hand, smacking someone as Rubi muttered, "Go away, Mione, it's too early."

"Er... It's Harry actually."

"How... How did you get up in the girls' dormitory?" She quietly asked.

"Um, Rubi, you're still in the common room and Sirius wants to talk to you."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Rubi mumbled and was falling asleep again until the words hit her hard and her eyes shot open.

She groggily looked around, rubbing at her eyes. Harry was standing before her with a sheepish grin while to her surprise, her father's head sat in the burning fireplace of Gryffindor tower. The older Black had an odd expression on his face as he looked at his daughter.

Rubi looked down and found Fred was fast asleep.

"Harry," She hissed at her cousin, "Pass me that cushion." She ordered to which the young Potter obliged and Rubi carefully got up and put the cushion under Fred's head. Rubi gazed at him before shaking her head and turning towards the fireplace. She dropped onto the ground, sitting cross legged.

"Hi, dad." Rubi greeted sweetly, glad to see her father after a long time.

"Hello, my little Princess, how have you been?"

"Good. How about you, dad?"

"I've been doing fine." He replied. "Listen, I haven't got much time as I've broken into a Wizarding house and they could be back any moment." His face had turned serious. "Harry can fill you in on some parts but be aware of Karkaroff, stay away from anyone or anything suspicious and be very careful of keeping the ones you trust close." He paused, "There's something fishy going on, and I don't want you or Harry in more trouble or hurt."

Rubi nodded, mulling over the words. "Sure thing, dad."

Sirius paused before a different sort of expression flooded his face, "I also want you to stay away from boys, you are not allowed to be dating anyone."

Rubi's jaw dropped to the ground, as this was not what she was expecting. She shook her head as she recovered from the shock, as a mischievous grin played on Rubi's lips.

"Oh, well, I had my eyes set on this girl-"

"Girls or boys, no relationships, missy." Sirius said with authority in his voice.