Chapter 10: Hogsmeade

Soon, September changed into October. Lessons were going alright. Trelawney kept shooting pitiful glances at Harry. Hagrid had given Flobberworms for the class to look after.

"Why would anyone bother looking after these?" I heard Ron say during one class and I had to agree. Ever since the Malfoy-Buckbeak incident, Care of Magical Creatures had become dull.

As expected, Snape was being harsher than ever before on poor Neville, because of the Boggart lesson with Professor Lupin.

After the conversation I had with Lupin, he was acting strange. He would stare at me, only to turn away when I noticed. He gave me awkward glances during lessons. He always avoided the scenario of having to talk with me, unless it was lesson related. This sudden change in his behaviour made me curious as to why. Could it be because Lupin knows my Mum? Or is it because my Boggart is Sirius Black?

Speaking of Black, the whispers and glances I would receive turned into a confrontation one day, when Cormac McLaggen accused me of being Sirius Black's daughter. I let him yell and vent out his anger, only to give silence and an emotionless expression to him as a response.

Although, I shed a few tears once I locked myself in the bathroom, away from prying eyes, especially away from my friends because I didn't wish for them to see me in a weakened state. Apart from that, everything was running smoothly.

I was having the time of my life with the twins and Lee, as if there isn't another care in the world. I've helped them pull a few pranks, including one on Filch.

We persuaded Peeves to cause a ruckus, which drove Filch out of his office. The four of us snuck in, planting fireworks here and there, which would be activated with a swish of a wand. Once set up, we went out to hide and waited eagerly for Filch's return. Soon enough, a grumpy Filch came back to his office only to be met with an exploding fireworks display. He screeched knowing it was us, and on cue, we sprinted away as fast as our feet could carry us, only to come to a halt once we'd lost him, and laugh until our stomachs hurt. It was one of my best memories so far of the year, that I know I'll cherish for years to come.

With October arriving, Quidditch season had commenced, meaning practices were being held. I've taken some time to watch a few of the practices, only to be amazed but I can't let the twins know that.

I was admiring yet another spectacular practice today. After an hour of practice, I made my way back to Gryffindor tower with the twins. As we entered through the portrait hole, we noticed a group of heads all huddled around the notice board. Bewildered, I followed in step with the twins. I could hear Ron telling Harry who was walking ahead of us.

"First Hogsmeade weekend. End of October. Hallowe'en."

"Excellent." Fred said. "I need to visit Zonko's, I'm nearly out of stink pellets."

"Ooh! Hogsmeade?! I can't wait! I've been wanting to visit for a really long time!" I exclaimed. "You guys have to give me a tour."

"We will love, don't worry." I felt my cheeks heat up. I touched my hair. Luckily, it had only gone pink at the tips.

He called me love. That was really cute. No!  He said it in a friendly way. Yeah, in a friendly way because we're friends. Just friends...

The battle in my mind concluded when I heard the sound of yelling reach my ears. I saw Ron running after Hermione's cat, Crookshanks, who was chasing his rat, Scabbers. George lunged at the cat in an attempt to catch it but in vain. Meanwhile, Scabbers had been chased into going underneath the chest of drawers. Ron and Hermione started arguing once again. I left them to their bickering as I went to my dormitory, calling it a night.