Chapter 27: Feelings For Him?

Dear Mum,

Happy birthday.

Although this greeting isn't exactly the best to say anymore, now that I know it is uncle James' birthday today as well. I'm sorry you have to be alone today, and even I'm not with you this time.

I'm sorry he isn't there with you today, but please don't spend the day, grieving. Remember his memory happily. If Uncle James was anything like what Remus says, then he would have liked his sister to be smiling.

Remember, he's always with you, in your heart.

Your loving daughter,

Rubina

"Here, Nightwing, take this back." I told the Great Horned Owl, who hooted in response, before taking flight back home with my letter.

***

The day went as usual but I felt a bit gloomy, now knowing the full truth. With a sigh, I looked out the window of the dormitory, up at the mesmerizing night sky, my eyes stopping on the round, bright moon.

It's a full moon. I hope Remus is alright.

***

April the first had arrived, also known as April Fool's day. Although the reason for the excitement coursing through my body was that it's the Weasley twins birthday.

The twins were being showered with birthday wishes, and I had just entered the common room, with two presents in my hand. Their faces lit up when they saw me.

"Rubi!" They chorused.

"Happy birthday!" I said excitedly. "Here," I gave them each a box, "your presents. I'm sure they'll bring back great memories." Eagerly they started ripping the red wrapping paper. My eyes flickered towards the side of the room, where Colin Creevey stood, ready with his camera. Looking back at the two brothers, I grinned and slowly backed away. The twins opened the lids of the boxes and-

SPLAT!

Their faces were now smeared with cream from the pies that exploded in their faces once they opened the boxes. I could hear the clicks of Colin's camera, capturing away like mad. I howled with laughter, soon joined in by the rest of the Gryffindors.

Fred and George looked petrified with shock, standing there wide-eyed, dumbstruck, while the chuckles echoed throughout the tower. Regaining their senses, they shook their heads and shared a look before they lunged at me.

I jumped to the side, before sprinting towards the portrait hole, shoving it roughly and slamming it with a bang (Oi! Watch it!). My feet kept going, and I risked glances over my shoulder. The twins were tailing, not too far behind.

I picked up my pace, turning here and there until I ran out into the grounds of Hogwarts. I was panting, and I hid behind a tree near the Black Lake, seeing I had lost sight of the twins. Trying to regain my breathing, I took support of the tree, leaning on it.

Mere seconds stretched into minutes, and no sign of the Weasley twins raised suspicion of what they were plotting.

"Vengeance is sweet."

My eyes widened as the twins stepped out from behind the tree, onto either side of me, blocking any chance of escape. Smirking, I put my finger onto Fred's face, retracting with a bit of cream.

Licking it off, I said, "Hmm... delicious." This only fueled the fire within their eyes. "I'll see you later." I darted straight, with no option of turning back. Unfortunately, I was headed towards the Black Lake, glancing over my shoulder the twins were not too far away, slowly closing the distance.

I gulped as I skidded to a halt at the edge of the lake. Peering into the depths of the water, all I could see was darkness that stretched beyond. The sounds of footsteps got closer and became silent. Squeezing my eyes shut, I gradually turned around, only risking a peek when nothing happened.

The twins wore looks of triumph on their faces, as they stood there smugly with their arms crossed over their chest.

"Well, well, well," Fred started, "Someone's in a pickle."

I nervously laughed. "Um- I'm really sorry. Can I go, please? I needed to see Professor Lupin."

"Not a chance." George said. The two brothers shared a look. "Ready Fred?"

Nodding Fred brought out his two hands, and roughly pushed me. Yelping, I grasped his shirt, wiping the laugh off his face, pulling Fred into the cold water with me. All I could see was darkness, as I kicked my legs upwards.

I gasped for air once I surfaced, and glared at Fred, who looked amused and surprised. I kept a hold on his shoulders, afraid of drowning.

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID!" I shrieked. "I'M GOING TO DROWN AND DIE!" Fred laughed, earning a smack on the head from me, before I gripped him tighter out of fear. His hands slowly slid onto my waist.

Only then did I realise our closeness. Our faces were mere inches apart, causing the breath to hitch in my chest. Gazing into his eyes, something shifted within me. My stomach fluttered with butterflies, and my heart hammered, as I could feel his breath on my face. My hands tingled, and I was feeling weak.

A feeling emerged like never before and I realised there and then.

I fancy my best friend, Fred Weasley.

Hey!

So here's the next chapter, and Rubi has finally admitted her feelings!! Um, I know that the chapter itself wasn't all that exciting but the next few chapters should be. I'm excited to get year 3 done, because I'm looking forward to the summer and year 4!! :)

Mini-Padfoot