xxviii. night terrors

Start from the beginning

"Is everything ok, Brooke?"

"I don't know. Chad and Peyton aren't here and I find that weird. Should i be worried?"

"Don't be." Ashely began, "I'm sure they're playing hookey. Maybe they decided to ditch."

"I don't know. That doesn't sound like Peyton. She's pissed at me for sure, but she wouldn't miss this."

"I don't know what else to tell you."

"Thanks, anyway."

After Brooke hung up, Ashely then gave her full attention back to July. She and him resumed their conversation as she spoke, he began to lose himself at the sight of her. Her words were going through one of his ears then out the other, muffling almost.

He was infatuated by her.

So lost and wrapped into her, he began to lean forward. Before Ashely could react and move out the way, his lips were already on her's. She immediately pushed him back, appalled. Just by her reaction, he began to feel embarrassed.

"I have a girlfriend, July." She told him.

"And you're gay!" He spoke hysterically, out of embarrassment.

"I'm bi, but sure." Ashely continued, "I did not get that vibe at all. I literally thought we were hanging out as friends."

He looked to her, "Friends? This is a date."

Ashely didn't know what to say or process any of this. Her eyes just grew wide as she turned and looked out the window, sinking into her seat. She couldn't believe he was this delusional. Now she felt as if this whole situation was just awkward now.

• • •

As the night went on, nobody knew of Brooke's, Peyton's, and Chad's situation. Psycho Derek was back and he was after Peyton even harder this time around. But this time, it didn't end the way it did before. Peyton fought back this time but with the help of her boyfriend and supposedly best friend.

Peyton and Brooke used a cheerleading move that they remembered, kicking derek tumbling down the stairs. Chad was finally getting back up from being kicked in the face and that's when he met the two at the top of the steps. They all walked down the stairs slowly. Derek pounced back and Peyton kicked him again, knocking him out.

Chad stepped over him, "I'll call the police."

"Wait — " Peyton called out, "Give me two minutes." She then proceeded to continuously kick derek in the stomach with Brooke watching from behind.

Soon enough the cops arrived. They told them everything, psycho derek was put on a gurney while being cuffed to it. After everyone left, Chad took the girls to his house because they didn't want to be alone.

While they began their way there, Ashely was trying to get out of awkward position. So she made up an excuse and asked July if he could take her to a friend's house but in reality, that friend was her girlfriend.

• • •

After pulling up in front of the house, Ashley got out and said goodbye to him. July soon pulled off and Ashely began her way to Rachel's front door. She didn't really expect anyone to be there considering Rachel and Brooke were both at prom to her knowledge.