Chapter 77

Hi guys I know three chapters in one day! Soon Aiko will meet Zebra!!!

"This is amazing….all different types of knives…' Aiko thought staring at the sparkling knives.

"I'm busy with a very important job." Melk said "That Scorpion Demon Bull is a young one he's very intelligent,  he stands guard to make sure no one interrupts me while I'm working."

"What type of work is it?" Aiko asked Melk who remained quiet while looking at Toriko and Aiko.

Melk was currently talking barely a whisper that neither of them could hear.

"Use the rock, for crying out loud!" Toiko exclaimed.

"I have an idea!" Aiko spoke up taking out a piece of long black ribbon. She wrapped the ribbon around the rock making it into a necklace for Melk.

"Great, now you can talk all you want Melk." Toriko said "Nice job Aiko." He patted her head.

Melk chuckled. "You're just as Ryu-san described you, Toriko." He said

"I don't know what the old man said about me, but I'm surprised myself you weren't what I was expecting. I heard you were the shy, silent type, but you're actually quite the talker." Toriko said

"I've always been talkative" Melk twiddled with his beard, "It's just my appearance, I suppose. For some reason, the people around me usually ignored me."

"Eh?" Toriko blinked, "people ignored you? Don't tell me. How long have you been using that rock." he pointed at the rock.

"I just found it recently." Melk touched the rock, "when I use it, the Scorpion Demon Bull obeys quickly."

"I knew it!" Toriko blanched, "He's not shy or quiet, I bet it's just that his voice is so soft, no one could hear him No wonder the second generation was so insecure!"

"Second generation, you say?" Melk perked up happily, "Have you met my daughter? What do you think? How's her work?" He grinned.

"Your daughter?" Aiko repeated

"Yes! How is she? Has she been doing well?" He asked eager to know.

Aiko blinked a few times. 'Melk the second is a girl? Looks can be deceiving…' She thought staring at Melk the first.

"My daughter is a prodigy." the first Melk boasted with pride. "Why, six years ago, when she was still just 15 she was already a good a cutler as I was!"

"First generation, what's the important work that you're doing" Toriko asked, "Did you let your daughter know what it was six years ago?"

"Of course. My important work is creating a new knife for Ryu-san. A knife for preparing a salad known as AIR from the Gourmet God Acacia's Full Course Menu."

"Acacia's Full Course… AIR?!" The two exclaimed staring at Melk.

"The moment I accepted his request, I made up my mind to retire. Creating that knife requires using a great deal of 'Melk Stardust'," Melk paused, "I knew that it would take many years. In fact, it will probably be the last thing I ever create. I explained everything to my daughter in great detail. On top of that, I told her 'I entrust you to be the second generation!'"

"Um….Melk… I don't think she was able to hear a word that you said." Aiko said

"Why not?!" Melk shouted

"Your voice is too freaking quiet!"Toriko pointed out.

"AH! What have I done!" Melk said in a panic.

'The second generation Melk seemed tense somehow.' Toriko thought. 'Maybe this was the reason I didn't sense the spirit or composure that a first rate artisan gives off. Even if she does have the skills, she doesn't think she's been entrusted with being the 'second generation.' She doesn't have complete confidence in herself.'