27) Welcome To The Family

Song: World's Smallest Violin by AJR

Kai Carter (Pov)

I yawned, but kept my eyes closed. I was not ready to leave the comfortable position that I'm in right now. I feel warmer than usual, it was kinda weird because my bedroom is normally not that warm. When I took in a breath of air, that's when I realised that I was not in my own bed.

Sandalwood and musk. That scent belonged to one person, and one person only. I finally opened my eyes and found myself staring at the grey walls of Damien's bedroom. That's when the events of yesterday started flooding my mind.

A smile took over my face at the memory of a nervous Damien Beckett asking me to be his boyfriend. I turned around to look at the sleeping boy next to me, only to find out that the sleeping boy was not so asleep, in fact he was sitting up with a book in his hands staring down at me.

I smiled at him. "Are you just looking at me while I'm sleeping?" I asked him.

He gave me an amused look. "Well good morning to you too."

I smacked his shoulder causing him to chuckle. "What time is it?"

He turned to look at his alarm clock. "Seven thirty, so school starts in an hour."

I groaned. "Do we have to go to school?"

He smiled and kisses my forehead. "Yes we do, so get your pretty little self up and let's get ready."

I shook my head at him. "I don't wanna."

He gave me an amused look. "Is that so?" He asked putting his book down on the bedside table.

I nodded and lay down, pulling the sheets up to my chin.

Damien slipped under the covers and lay down next to me. "We don't have to if you don't want to." he wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer to him.

We were face to face, our noses a few centimeters away from touching. "We can just stay here all day if that's what you want." He said lightly brushing his nose against mine.

"Damien, school starts in an hour so get your ass up." I heard his mother say from the other side of his door.

Damien groaned. "Looks like we will be going to school after all." He closed the small space between our faces, giving me a peck on the lips.

I sighed,"I was really looking forward to not going to school today." I said.

"Me too, but I've learnt that it's better to just do what mom says and not test her patience. That woman is really scary when she gets angry."

"Yeah, but I don't really have a change of clothes."

"Of course you do, my closet is at your disposal." He told me.

"Except that you're almost twice my size."

"I've seen you wear baggy clothes and it looks really good on you. I'm sure you can make something work." He kisses my head walking into the bathroom. "You can shower when I'm done." He said closing the door behind him.

And so, I rummaged through Damien's closet. I was pretty sure that his walk in closet was bigger than my own bedroom. Damien had more clothes than I could ever imagine having and a very impressive shoe collection.

After what felt like forever, I finally found something to wear, just as Damien made his way out of the bathroom. His towel was hanging dangerously low, exposing his impressive v line. His abs glistened with water, and the muscles in his arms were visible even with his hands hanging loosely. He is so handsome and I had the sudden urge to kiss him.