Part 1

Windclan retreat! Heatherstar's voice rang through the battling cats. "There you go, you stinky rabbit eaters," called Clawface. "Yeah, never think about sealing our prey again!" Russetfur joined in victoriously. But
Flintfang was just glad it was over. His whole body was sore from fighting and his left ear was thorn and bleeding, which blurred his vision, but that wasn't what troubled him, he was worried about Badgerpaw. His young apprentice was way smaller than any of the other cats on the battlefield.
Boulder's scent filled his nose, And after a few heartbeats, he heard his friend's growl: "That was amazing! Have you seen me chase off that white, nimble warrior? I was even surprised by how fast he was when he was running away!"
"Yeah" answered Flintfang without even thinking of what his friend was saying.
Boulder looked a little puzzled.
"I am sorry, I am just... I am just scared that Badgerpaw got into trouble ". Flintfang added quickly.
Boulder relaxed his tail on his friend's shoulder. "Don't worry Flintfang, you are an excellent teacher and..."
"Come on Boulder, let's get back to camp!" Brokenstar cut him off."Right..." Boulder closed his mouth and shot a last comforting smile at his companion, while swiftly padding away, towards his leader.
Flintfang let out a little sigh, anxiety clawing his belly, like a thorn. Russetfur softly brushed his pelt with her fur, as she passed next to him. "Don't worry about him, he is smart, and Brokenstar would not let him into a battle if he was not sure he could make it."
Flintfang hesitated for a moment and then looked deeply into her green eyes. And how can you be so sure? He wanted to ask her, but he knew better than to argue and kept his mouth shut.
While he watched her wander off, a shiver ran from his head to tail tip as he pictured Badgerpaw limping from the jaws of a warrior, like some piece of prey.
Flintfang whipped around and licked his shoulder in discomfort.
Where is Badgerpaw?