I Missed You

// Some explicit language//

For some reason, the Potatoes had silently declared that their official hangout was Brynne's penthouse.

Every single day, Brynne comes home from school, not really expecting anything. Then, when she opens the door, she is absolutely almost startled to death, because the Potatoes would already be there, waiting for her in the dining room. Even on the weekends, when she wakes up, there they were, either eating her food, or waiting for her to make some breakfast.

It drives Brynne absolutely crazy.

One Friday morning, she wakes up quite late. She didn't have school today, for a reason she forgot. Then she notices the place was awfully quiet. She warily gets up, not bothering to make the bed. Brynne gets her hopes high that the Potatoes weren't here, which quickly deflated once she realized that they probably didn't have school too, and if they wanted to, they were absolute masters at being extremely quiet.

Before she opens the door, she silently prays. No Potatoes, no Potatoes, no Potatoes, please, please, pleeeaasee-

She opens the door, look around, and let out a sigh of relief. They weren't here.

"Oh, hey," a voice behind her says.

STRANGER DANGER! Alarms blared in her head as she turned to see who it was, ready to fight, only to see it was–

Hira.

Hira was here.

Here. At her house.

Alone, by the looks of it.

Hira, at her house, alone, wearing a pretty dress.

Fuck.

Hira, who was a bit startled at Brynne's reaction, smiled and started speaking. "Good morning, I'm sorry I just went in here, but I didn't have school and no one was at home, so. . ."

Brynne, who was still kinda shocked, gulped and said, "Yeah, um, it's fine."

They stared at each other for a few moments, until Brynne spoke up. "You wanna have some breakfast? I can cook up some eggs."

Hira accepted, and they started their way towards the dining room. Hira sat down, while went into the kitchen to cook some breakfast, feeling kind of sick.

In all honesty, Brynne did what she liked to call  'Aiden Move'. She hasn't been, exactly, talking to Hira a lot these past few weeks. Yes, it was stupid, considering the fact that when Aiden tried it, he failed and only had his big fat crush on Aru bigger than ever. But it wasn't like she had any choice. She knew Hira didn't like her back. She heard how Hira talked about her mystery crush, and based on her description, that other girl seemed to be way better than Brynne. Perhaps Hira came here because she noticed what Brynne was doing, which was possible, since she and Hira gossiped a lot about the lives of the Potatoes.

She was so lost in her thoughts, she didn't hear Hira enter the kitchen.

"Can I help in any way?" she asked, leaning on the counter beside Brynne.

"Uh, no, it's okay, you can just sit down," Brynne awkwardly smiled. Hira nodded slowly. Brynne once again felt nauseated, knowing Hira was eyeing her, probably wondering what was wrong with her today–

"So," Hira started.

Shit, shit, shit–

"We haven't really hung out in a while," said Hira casually, looking down at her feet.

Shit.

"Yeah, sorry, I've kind of been busy these past few weeks," said Brynne, trying not to look at her and trying to keep her voice normal, because she was absolutely freaking out.

"Mhm."

They were silent for, at least, five minutes. But in those five minutes, all Brynne thought of was disappearing off the face of the earth and never ever show up to anyone ever. When the eggs were ready, she mentally sighed in relief.

"Breakfast's ready," she announced nervously, turning the stove off. Hira went ahead and got them plates and utensils.

They head to the dining room, where they both sat down and quietly started eating their eggs. After a few moments, Hira spoke again.

"These are so good, Brynne," she says, her eyes sparkling. Brynne muttered a thanks, her stomach swooping.

They sat in silence once more, and Brynne wanted it all to be over. She wanted to melt into the floor. Hira kept talking, about all the homework and stuff, and Brynne just nodded to everything she said, ignoring her now extremely hot cheeks and swooping stomach. Every time Hira did something, she screamed internally.

Once they were done, they sat for a bit on the couch, Hira telling stories, when suddenly she said something that made Brynne's heart want to explode.

"I missed you," she says, grinning.

Brynne's eyes widen. Her heart was beating faster and faster. She could feel her face heating up. Her stomach was swooping. She looked away, trying not to smile. She resisted the urge to kiss Hira full on the lips.

Fuck, what the fuck– she thought over and over.

Hira giggled at her reaction, and once again Brynne's stomach had that swoopy elevator feeling.

"You're such a big softie, Brynne," Hira says, chuckling.

"No, I'm not," muttered Brynne. She felt as if she was about to explode.

Hira laughed some more, and soon, after she had calmed down a bit, Brynne started laughing too. She missed these times, where they just laughed and laughed. She missed the times they would gossip about their friends, argue over stupid things, just them being idiots. Hira and Brynne. Brynne and Hira.

After they laughed so hard to the point where their ribs hurt, Hira spoke again. "You wanna watch a movie?"

Brynne agreed, and she turned on the TV to find something to watch on Netflix or something. Finally, they found a movie called 'Do Revenge' and they started watching. They chatted and chatted about the movie.

Brynne couldn't help but look at Hira every once and a while. She was so. . .pretty. Words can't even describe how fucking in love Brynne was with this girl. Who cares if she didn't like Brynne back? There's nothing wrong with a one-sided crush, and it wasn't like Hira was taken anyway. She decided that she'll stop doing an Aiden Move, or whatever the fuck it is, and just. . .not ignore her.

After an hour and a half, Hira suddenly laid her head on Brynne's shoulder. Brynne tensed, and she saw Hira fast asleep. She relaxed, careful not to wake her up. It wasn't the first time Hira has fallen asleep on her shoulder, and, to be honest, it was quite comforting.

She looked at Hira, looking so peaceful. She was so beautiful. Brynne wanted to tell her so bad how she felt, that Hira was the only one who made her feel this way, that she would literally die for her.

But she didn't. Instead, she whispered, "I missed you too, Hira," and kissed the top of her head. She smiled, and she didn't pay that much attention to the movie anymore. All she looked at was Hira, Hira, and only Hira. She put an arm around her and started to fall asleep herself.

Little did Brynne know, Hira was fully awake in that moment, and had heard and felt everything.