008: someone else.

ONCE MIKE said it, Nicky covered her mouth and turned her head away, giggling into it. "I'm sorry, did you like me that much? I'm seriously not all that, don't cry--" Mike stops talking when Nicky looked up, with a wide grin and more laughter coming from her. A look of fear flashes across his face as her hand came to his shoulder. "S--Seriously? I--I kind of had a feeling but I never expect to end up being right." She's still laughing hard.

"Like, when my brother told me, that once you met him? You started growing out your hair, classic queer kid shit. I got this hair because of a rockstar I'm obsessed with." She said as she touched her hair and he blushed hard, looking down as he frowned. "You scared me, you shouldn't laugh at someone who came out to you..." He tells the girl who just laughed softly, "I'm sorry, Mike..." She said then brought him into her arms, in a tight embrace before he hugged back, just as tightly with his eyes closed and letting out a small sigh.

"I also... like someone else." Nicky murmured quietly and Mike stepped back, staring at her before squinting his eyes. "Max?" He asked and she just glanced away, walking over to sit onto the foot of his bed. "Yeah..." She says quietly and he came over to sit with her, staring at the wall before glancing at her.

"So... what did you do to mess it up with Will?" She glanced at him and he quickly looked away, closing his eyes and shaking his head. "It's fucking embarrassing..." He says quietly and Nicky shrugs. "Probably not." She denied and Mike pursed his lips. "I went to visit them and... it was when El and I broke up, she said she didn't think I loved her like I said. She noticed she signs her letters with Love, El, but I write... From, Mike." He explains and Nicky grimaced, looking away. "Yikes, dude."

"Yeah... um, anyway, the day we broke up was also when I got into an argument with Will, I told him we were just friends and that I was there to visit my girlfriend, and not him... my own best friend." He explained and Nicky shook her head, making another disapproving noise. "Yeah, I know. I've been hopeless. All these years, all I've done is fuck up with Will. I had a chance to make it better, but I didn't, it's only cause he has such a big heart that we're still friends, he let it go, still talks to me like we're very close friends. I didn't even say sorry." He said as he turned to her again.

"Dingus, now is your chance maybe?" Nicky pushed her shoulder against his and he huffs, looking away. "I can't... I sort of bragged to Dustin and Lucas about us kissing and... I don't know, they're knuckleheads and brought it up around him." He looked down and Nicky rolls her eyes. "Then... explain that it was a mistake? You told me." She tells him and Mike looks at her with a certain look on his face. "You don't like communication, do you?" She laughed and he looked offended at that.

"I--I do! It's... it's just difficult. Like, what if I ruin what we have? Will and I have been best friends since forever. I don't want to ruin it or like if we break up at some point, it won't be the same ever again after." He explains and she nods slowly, glancing away. "I get that." She says and sighed. "It's even more different and difficult when you're both girls. Or in your case, both boys." She glanced at him.

"Exactly. You get it." Mike sighed, turning his head away and Nicky nods. "Yeah... but dude, honestly, you really need to talk to him. I know for a fact that he swings that way. Like, I can tell just by looking at him." She insisted and he looks at her, squinting his eyes. "So... you like knew by looking at me too?" He asked and she quickly nods, smiling widely.

"It was very obvious." She says and he scoffs, looking away. "We should... get back to the others." He says and she nods. "Sure." She said and when they return to the others, Lucas and Dustin were looking at Mike with coy smirks as El and Max were quietly talking to one another while Will is sitting all by himself off at the corner, just holding his soda can in his hand between his thighs.