ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝕊𝕡𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕

This hurt to write :,( 

and gave me butterflies :D

warning: next chapter will be a time skip to after the Supercollider (ik it's confusing but trust me)

𝙴𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝟷𝟺𝟷𝟶

𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

"[Y/n]!"

A girl that looked similar to Miguel, ran into my arms. I laughed as I picked her up and held her on my hip. Pictures of her lined the walls. Some with soccer trophies, others with me and a man eating ice cream. 

After my dimension collapsed, Miguel helped me with... well everything.

She pointed to the muscly man behind her, "Can't get me now! I'm in [Y/n]'s arms! It's the rules now!"

Miguel crossed his arm and gave a playful tilt of the head. I snickered, walking over to the kitchen table, placing her down in her spot.

"I think you're making your own rules, Gabby."

I said, placing half a sandwich in front of her. I ruffled her brown hair. She giggled before munching on her sandwich.

I met Gabriella, a few months after joining. Accidentally stumbled into her with Miguel and he introduced me as the son of a friend.

I started to clean up some dishes from last night. Gabby turned to her father.

"Daddy! [Y/n] took me to the Zoo earlier and we saw this massive lion! He reminded me of you! All grumpy!"

Miguel playfully glared at me as I cackled. I held the back of my wrist to my mouth, trying to cover my laugh.

But I become more of a brother than a family friend. 

It soon become dark and the three of us were watching TV when I realised that Gabby was asleep. I let out a chuckle as I gently place Gabby against my shoulder. The girl wrapped her arms around my neck.

I quietly walk to Gabby's bedroom. My hands go onto the bed as I lean over her bed, her body softly laying on the bed.

My hands then gently and slowly remove her arms from my neck. Feeling eyes on me, I look up to see Miguel gazing at us with warmth.

After tucking the girl in bed, Miguel and I sat at the kitchen table.

"Miguel, we can't keep pretending to be her family."

"We aren't pretending. I'm her father-"

"That's not," I huff as I pinch my nose, "We are putting her at risk! We are being anomalies!"

My eyes stared at the man that sat before me. My arms were extended out of the table while his were crossed over his chest.

"Look... I don't want to lose her like I lost Rio and Aaron but us being here is making this universe unstable. Can you not see the dangers of this?"

Seeing that I wasn't getting through to Miguel, I sighed in defeat and stood. My fingertips dug into the flower pattern cloth.

"LYLA wants me to recruit a new guy. I'll take a few hours but um... after my mission, don't expect me to come back. I can't risk causing this dimension to collapse."

I walk towards the door, taking off my sweater and sweatpants off, leaving me in my Spider suit. Miguel turned his head, getting up so that he wouldn't wake Gabby.